Take handwritten notes in digital, multi-media notebooks or annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents. All notes are searchable and you'll never have to worry about losing or misplacing them again. GoodNotes lets you organize all your formerly paper-based information in a single place.
AS NATURAL AS WRITING ON PAPER
Create and write in digital notebooks or import documents, images, websites, emails and more. Use one of many supported styluses (Apple Pencil included) or your finger to write like on real paper. GoodNotes' pioneering vector ink engine provides a fluent, precise and completely natural writing experience.
ALWAYS FIND WHAT YOU WROTE
Everything is indexed. Search your handwritten notes, typed- or PDF text across all documents. Quickly find the right documents and folders and open them from the search results. The same powerful OCR technology also lets you convert handwriting to typed text to export it to other apps or create text boxes in GoodNotes.
ALL YOUR NOTES WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES
Sync your notebooks across all your iOS devices using iCloud.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT MAKING MISTAKES
* Unlimited Undo & Redo
* Powerful and smart eraser
* Lasso tool to rearrange, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
CUSTOMIZE YOUR NOTEBOOKS
GoodNotes comes with a large set of beautiful covers and paper templates. Included are: Essential papers in common standardized sizes, meeting templates, device-specific papers, monthly & weekly planners, Cornell note paper, legal pad paper, dark paper, checklists and more.
Need more personalization? You can import any image or PDF into the template library to reuse it over and over again.
EFFORTLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Group documents and notebooks in folders
* Create shortcuts to important folders, notebooks or single pages with one tap
* Search across all notes to find what you‘re looking for
ALMOST MAGICAL DRAG & DROP SUPPORT
* Drag documents into your library to save them
* Drag images to your notebooks and write on them
* Export documents from GoodNotes by dragging them to other apps
* Drag handwritten notes to text editors and convert them to typed text automatically (Depends on receiving app as well)
* Drag screenshots into GoodNotes to annotate and save them
* Learn more about all possible drag & drop interactions on our blog and website
MORE EXCEPTIONAL FEATURES THAT MAKE GOODNOTES UNIQUE
* All the tools you need for taking notes: Fountain Pen, Ball Pen, Brush Pen, Eraser & Highlighter
* Shape Tool: draw perfect shapes and lines (Color filling & Multi-Stroke Shapes are supported, too)
* Lasso Tool: Rearrange, resize, & rotate notes and images. Convert handwriting to typed text. Change the color of the pen and highlighter strokes.
* Auto-Advancing Zoom Tool: Write neatly and fluent
* Image Tool and Text tool: Comfortably add and edit images and text boxes
* QuickNotes: The fastest way to create new notes and start writing right away
* Export of whole notebooks and documents or choose to export one or more pages
* Import and annotate PDF, PowerPoint, and Word documents
* Toggle between open notebooks with one tap
* Switch between list view and thumbnail view to display your notebooks in the library
* Flexible scrolling direction (horizontal or vertical)
* Rest your hand on the screen with the built-in first-in-class palm rejection
Visit our website at goodnotes.com for more information.
In this version, we've improved the rendering speed for PDFs. This will load large PDF files much faster, which are often used by architects, in construction, or for digital planning.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice improvements, but...
One of the greatest improvements is vertical scrolling ❤️. It allows to use the potential of an iPad as a notebook with infinite scrolling. Horizontal scrolling mimics paper, what I think limits the experience - if an iPad tries to imitate the paper, well it will never be a paper, but a good up uses the advantages an iPad has that the paper lacks.
The UI seems a bit too complicated, the toolbar is so huge and takes screen space, which could be used for note taking. The previous design was more minimalistic, which I believe was better.
Another issue is the battery drain. Goodnotes 5 drains battery like crazy. I used it on my iPad Pro 10.5 for 3 hours to take notes during class and it went from 100% to 37%.
Lack of useful features
In general app looks amazing, new features are great however some important things from previous version need to be added. My biggest issue is lack of tools in zoom(like pen colors, eraser, undo and redo buttons). I hope it would be added soon.
I decided to give it a try anyway. So far it is great, but erasing is a nightmare. I erase something and it disappears and appears after a second. Really annoying.
Also writing seems to have more delay than in version 4.
EDIT(5.0.6): After update problems with eraser and writing seem to be fixed. Have to admit I am impressed with how fast they repair issues.
Also noticed different issue, notes take much more space on my ipad than those from goodnotes 4.
EDIT(5.0.26): There is an update every few days and constantly there are some fixes and improvements. My experience with app so far is amazing! I use it everyday at my university.
Keep up the great work guys!
I’m using this app every single day during my exams and I’m impressed of how well everything works. Love the new features and UI improvements of GoodNotes 5 but I’m missing some things from the 4th (tools and colours on the zoom window). GN4 was great and GN5 is even better. I sure hope you figure everything out. Thank you!
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 338.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Time Base Technology Limited
- 37,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.