Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 1 billion people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day — the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Browse photos and videos from people you follow in your feed. Interact with posts you care about with likes and comments.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text, drawing tools and other creative effects. . They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends in the moment. Try going live with a friend and sharing a replay to your story when you’re done.
* Message your friends privately in Direct. Send them photos and videos that disappear and share content you see on Instagram.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover photos, videos and stories you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
The latest version contains bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
In the great big crowd of social media apps, Instagram continues to stand out for a reason: it makes sharing moments with everyone in your world easy, speedy and fun. Whether you’re posting breathtaking vacation photos tweaked with one of dozens of cool image filters or a video clip of an insane concert, Instagram’s uncluttered accessibility has kept it at the top of the social-sharing heap.
gets worse with time
i have used this app since 2012 and unfortunately many introduced changes make it worse to use. Firstly, the algorithm is trash - i sign up to see content posted by accounts i follow, instead i only see posts from celebrities, 10% of my friends’ posts, and tons of spam - irrelevant, sponsored posts from trash accounts. Celebrity comments get prioritized on every post, a feature to officially disclose sponsorships can only be used by celebrities, etc. The app is not for the regular users anymore. Hashtags get shadowbanned, explore page is corrupted by celebrities, it’s just way harder for any ‘civilian’ users to gain recognition. Sometimes users get banned from the app and can’t log into it until they buy new phone - and the mail center is completely unhelpful
The space I see while I type the caption is too little, it should stretch out as I type, not see just the 3 last lines... It’s not efficient at all!
Also why when I quick open a picture that is not square from my profile it stretches the square from the grid to the rectangle the picture actually is and its bad quality and then after a second it’s loaded and shows properly. Looks bad. Also when I try to jump to the profile of a person that liked my photo I have to tap on their profile pic (which sometimes is their story that I don’t want/need to see) cos when I tap on their name I see my post? Doesn’t make any sense
- Instagram, Inc.
- 167 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Instagram, LLC.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.