Night Sky is a powerful AR personal planetarium.
Quickly identify stars, planets, constellations and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the Night Sky! This is all done magically. Whether you’re looking for a constellation or the International Space Station, let Night Sky direct you to it, then explore the object in AR!
- NEW - AR OBJECT EXPLORATION - Pull Planets, Stars and Constellations out of the sky and look at them in AR! In Night Sky 6 we’ve enabled the ability to pull celestial objects out of the sky! The Object Exploration screen then creates a 3D object centre for you to explore in more detail. From here get detailed data, add a Siri Shortcut to the object and even share the object via iMessage etc... with USDZ! When you’re done just throw the object back into the Night Sky!
- NEW - NIGHT SKY SIRI SHORTCUTS - “Hey Siri, show me where the International Space Station is!”… with iOS 12 create a Siri Shortcut, then just ask Siri where any planet or even the ISS is, and Night Sky will direct you to it!
- NEW - AR GLASS CONSTELLATIONS WITH STAR DEPTH - Night Sky 6 brings all new even more detailed Glass Constellation models! Pull your favorite constellation from the sky and see it in 3D enabling you to see the depth and distance of the stars behind it!
- NEW - AR PLANETARY PORTALS (Premium Feature) - Step onto the surface of other planets by placing AR portals around your room! AR Portals also support shared experiences and persistence with ARKIt 2.0!
- NEW - PLANETARIUM VISITS - Find your nearest local planetarium from the new Planetarium feature. When visiting hold your device to any model or image of a planet and get instant access to a 3D model and more information on the object just like magic!
- AR GRAND ORRERY (Premium Feature) : With iOS 12 bring the Solar System into your home or classroom with the Grand Orrery feature and share the experience with other devices! Use augmented reality to walk around the entire solar system, manipulating time and space with your fingertips! A super powerful and super magical experience, only possible with Night Sky and iOS 12!
- NIGHT SKY TOURS (Premium Feature): Get a live tour or create your own tours for any location and time in the world! Just drop a pin on the world map, and Night Sky will generate a Sky Tour for that location and save it into My Tours for quick and easy access. Be sure to create a tour for your favorite camp site, and next summer vacation! Your tours are then synced via iCloud to view with Night Sky on tvOS and vice versa!
- MY SKY NOTIFICATIONS - Completely customize your notifications in Night Sky. Favorite any object from satellites to constellations, and be informed when that object is rising for your current location. Rich notifications appear on your iOS device with beautiful animations. You’ll always be aware when your favorite celestial objects are about to rise!
- POWERFUL SKY VIEW: Identify every celestial object, deep sky objects, beautiful Glass Constellations, Light Spectrum vision with mesmerising visuals, two finger gesture to increase or decrease Light Pollution, & seamless multilayered animated 3D models.
- AR ON APPLE WATCH: We have brought AR to Apple Watch. Simply raise your wrist to the sky to quickly identify stars, planets and constellations!
- + MANY MORE FEATURES!
Optional Night Sky Premium is available for $1.99/month or $9.99/year (or equivalent currency). You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. Auto-renew may also be turned off from here.
Terms and conditions: http://www.icandiapps.com/icandiapps/terms-conditions/
Thank you for using Night Sky! Version 6.4.1 brings the following enhancements:
+ Introducing Night Sky for Life - get access to all Night Sky Premium features for life with no subscription.
+ Updated support contact information at NightSky.com
+ Additional bug fixes and minor enhancements.
If you enjoy using Night Sky a great review on the App Store is always appreciated. If there is anything we can do to improve the experience for you, please reach out to the team who will be happy to help at Support@NightSky.com.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is great. I thought it crashes but my phone was guilty.
(Old review: Overall the app is great, but on my iPhone 5S with iOS 10.3.3 crashes after enabling "AR sky blending". Few times phone restarted and yesterday turned off and nothing (black screen). My only options after connecting to iTunes were upgrade to iOS 11 or restore. Fortunately upgrade didn't work, phone turned on and works normally. For me app is not usable.)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your updated review! Happy stargazing! (Original Response: Thank you for your review, we're sorry you're experiencing this problem. To fix this issue, please try deleting Night Sky from your device, then redownloading it from the App Store for free. We hope this helps, however if we can be of any further assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com who will be happy to help. We hope to earn your 5 star review!)
Where is pro version?
Why should I by new version every month? I already paid for pro?
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Night Sky in its free form has all the functionality and more than the old version. The Premium subscription gives access to the latest advancements in technology such at the AR Grand Orrery, we have to charge for the latest advancements to pay for their development, whilst still developing great free features for everyone. We have no plans to release another version and we now stay with this version of Night Sky with a subscription. We hope you understand and hope to earn your 5 star review. You are notified when subscribing, and you are able to manage or cancel your subscription from the main menu within Night Sky.
First impression is great, but when I confront camera view with real sky:
1) it doesn't catch any visible star
2) it seems to show different result for several attempt catching the same star
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Please ensure you are not using a third party case on your device as this can sometimes affect calibration. Also when in sky tracking mode, you can use the Compass Calibration Tool to fine align the sky with the real sky above. This button is located under the main menu button. We hope this has helped and we can earn your 5 star review! However if we can be of any further assistance, please reach out to the team at Support@iCandiApps.com who will be happy to help!
- iCandi Apps
- 637.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iCandi Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Night Sky Premium Monthly 8,99 zł
- Night Sky Premium Annual 42,99 zł
- Premium Monthly Discounted 4,99 zł
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.