Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, CVs, cards, posters and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared and read in Apple Books
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Pages does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Publish your books directly to Apple Books for download or purchase.
• Performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It is a bit embarrassing that Microsoft Office has better Touch Bar integration that Apple iWork. There is no way to customize Touch Bar icons - just what "smart" people in Apple decided. For example you can’t change text background color with Touch Bar. Option to global font change was added but option to easy find text in different color was removed. Before (few updates ago) during text selecting text color icon was dynamically updated just when selection was including text in different colors. Now icon is updated after selection is made. Who was hurt with previous version that it needed to be changed? Support responded that it is not bug. Thank you for continuous progress! Even if it is progress in back direction. Few years ago I have switched to iWork from Microsoft Office. Seems that I need to go back as Apple update cycle and direction of "progress” for iWork is embarrassing.
Microsoft Word rules… but what if...
Nobody doubts - MS Office is the leading office soft of the world - right? Unfortunatelly, right. MS creates standards, that other suites just need to copy... I'm working with Word, cause I need to in office, but I'm also working with OpenOffice suite, as well with NeoOffice too - all of them just tries to copy MS, but… and, the last, but not least - iWorks...
Apple's 'pages' is other than over-built Word, it reminds me old typewriter, it has exactly everything what is required and it causes that you want to write something, just because you can. What's more important that's packed in modern box, so you do not need to afraid, that something will fail.
This soft is less futuristic than Word, and it's its best site - it contains everything, what's required to write anything... in style you like :)
Changes for worst
This version should be supadupa fly – it’s not. UI has changed for worst and it simply ugly. Functions like Inspector has changed for… yes! For worst. The only pro is that now importing .doc files works with language autoselect. Nothing more. Sorry, Apple – you broke great product. Going back to NeoOffice – it’s woth paying 10 euro per year.
- Apple Distribution International
- 273.7 MB
macOS 10.13 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.