Spot the Dot
By Ruckus Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pop-up master and best-selling children’s author, David A. Carter, adapts his creative genius to this award-winning app. This eye-popping, interactive app invites toddlers and preschoolers to learn colors as they “spot the dot” in fun, engaging and highly varied interactive play spaces. Tap the screen and simple shapes move to create patterns in bright, clean hues that will captivate as well as educate children.
• The first app by David A. Carter, whose hugely popular “Bugs in a Box” series has sold 6.5 million copies worldwide, brilliantly translates his complex paper sculptures for the touch screen.
• Bright, bold graphics teach young children colors and shapes.
• This “I Spy” type of search-and-find game engages children as they hunt for the missing dot.
• The dots’ locations are randomized ensuring that each play produces a different experience.
• Each level gets progressively more challenging and complex.
• Each level introduces a new activity: in one, players use a finger to move a spotlight around a dark screen until they find the correct dot; in another, shapes “pop” and are transformed into different shapes.
• Optional teaching tips provide parents with ideas for how to extend the lessons to include counting or shapes.
Here’s what the critics are saying:
"Spot the Dot is the type of app I can see becoming a part of the breadth of a child’s play experience, an experience that includes play dough, cut-and-paste, hide and seek and in the 21st century some interactive screen time as well." - Wired - GeekDad
“Great for huddle ware, and for supporting math, language and logic; invites toddlers and preschoolers to learn colors as they play 'spot to dot.'” - Children’s Technology Review
"I encourage parents of young toddlers to add Spot the Dot iPad app to their child’s collection!" - Apps for iPads
"The app’s bold palette and intuitive play will appeal to youngsters who are learning colors and shapes while the hide-and-seek puzzles are intriguing enough to engage older children." - School Library Journal
"Spot the Dot is a perfectly executed and very visually appealing app that teaches toddlers colors and fine motor skills." - Best Kid Apps
"Spot the Dot is a fun way to reinforce shapes and colors for early learners. It combines the simplicity and repetitive nature of a picture book with interactive puzzles that will keep kids engaged." - Common Sense Media
"Most appropriate for toddlers learning colors and shapes. The exquisite designs will catch the eye and interest of older kids, as well as the parents, and keep all entertained." - Teachers with Apps
•Editor’s Choice, CHILDREN’S TECHNOLOGY REVIEW - 4.8/5 stars
•School Library Journal Top 10 Apps for 2011
•Parents' Choice Silver Award
•Mom's Choice Awards' Gold Award
•2011 Cybils Award Nominee
To find out about Ruckus Media and our new apps:
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RuckusMediaGroup
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ruckusmedia
Visit our Website: www.ruckusreport.com
CONTACT US: For any technical issues, please email us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.1
--Updated for iPad 3
--Updated for iOS7
--App now complements print book from Scholastic
- 2,99 €
- Category: Games
- Updated: 22 October 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 23.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ruckus Media Group
- © 2011 - Ruckus Media Group Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.