By Alexander Blach
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• syntax highlighting support for more than 80 source code and markup languages
• compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• open files in tabs
• open folders in a sidebar
• find in files
• print files
• symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
What's New in Version 3.3
• By default, Textastic now always restores files and windows when re-opening the app. This can be disabled in the new advanced preferences tab.
• Improved indentation when the cursor is between HTML or XML tags and you press return.
• The sidebar can now follow symbolic links. Please note that the symbolic link target must be within a folder added to the sidebar due to sandboxing restrictions.
• Fixed performance issues with wide color monitors on macOS Sierra.
• Deleting a very large number of lines from large files could result in a crash.
• The line and column status bar items now use a system font with monospaced digit glyphs. This prevents the status bar from jiggling when you type.
• Sometimes folders in the sidebar were not restored properly when re-opening the app.
• When changing to another tab before duplicating a file was finished, the wrong file was renamed.
• Pasting text with the last line only consisting of whitespace sometimes did not properly update the internal text selection state. This could result in a crash on the next key press.
• A file extension specified in a template was not honoured when saving the new file created by template. For example, if the template specified a ".cc" file extension, ".cp" was used instead.
• Loading a custom syntax definition from the #Textastic folder could result in a crash if the language grammar was not a valid property list dictionary.
• Other minor fixes