The gold standard of macOS file transfer apps just drove into the future. Transmit 5 is here. Upload, download, and manage files on tons of servers with an easy, familiar, and powerful UI. Transmit 5 has…
Transmit now connects to 11 new cloud services, like Backblaze B2, Box, Google Drive, DreamObjects, Dropbox, Microsoft Azure, and Rackspace Cloud Files.
And yes, Transmit still handles the classics — FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3 — better than any. We make complex services drag-and-drop simple.
Transmit 5 now includes Panic Sync, our secure and fast way to sync your sites. And our robust File Sync feature adds support for local-to-local and remote-to-remote sync, while also giving you more fine-grained control.
We disassembled Transmit’s engine and rebuilt it, again, to significantly boost speed. T5 is better at multithreading and smarter about complex folders. Plus it’s got a new activity view to better focus on what Transmit is doing right now. It’s very fast.
- Get Info Sidebar. Inspect items as you browse, right in the browser.
- Batch Rename. Powerful, flexible, and built-in for local or remote.
- Places Bar. Jump to your favorite folders with a single click.
- Keys. Manage and generate secure keys right in Transmit.
- Local-local sync
- 2-Factor Login
- Open in Terminal
- Brand New UI
- Extra Large Amazon S3 File Support
- And So Much More
We hope you enjoy using Transmit. Hit us up anytime if you have any ideas on how to make it even better!
• Transmit requires a subscription to use. This subscription includes full access to the Transmit app, as well as access to Panic Sync, our secure online solution for syncing your sites between devices.
• Launch Transmit to begin your 7-day free trial. You can cancel during the free trial at any point, and you won't be charged for using Transmit.
• After 7 days, you'll automatically be billed $24.99/year (or the equivalent in your country) through an auto-renewing subscription.
• An active subscription entitles you to unlimited Transmit app updates, including both minor updates and major new features!
• You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you do, once you reach the end of your subscription period, the app will no longer function. But your data will not be deleted from the app, or from Panic Sync. Simply restart your subscription at any time to use Transmit again.
We're back with more improvements to your favorite file manager -- Read on for all the details!
• Improved handling of `known_hosts` files
• Added "Keep Both" file transfer options to the Transfer Preferences
• Resolved an issue that caused the activity window to appear blank in windowed mode
• Fixed a problem where deleting items from Google Drive would not restore the drive capacity
• Fixed an issue that could prevent file browser columns from saving their width
• Improved listing very large directories over SFTP
• Various dark mode visibility improvements
• Refined first launch screen
Ratings and Reviews
Subscription madness, sad.
I can understand the subscription model for apps like Things, 1Password, etc. which are using servers to host & sync their assets. But for tools running independently, like this one, this is not acceptable.
Standalone purchase in the AppStore should be a default for that kind of tools (not requiring servers), and a subscription model should have at least some substantial grounds (not greediness).
Developer Response ,
The App Store subscription of Transmit entitles you to all major updates automatically. The direct version still exists at $45 from our website, but major updates will be an additional charge. The choice is yours!
Nie mam uwag ... działa jak trzeba.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.