Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
• Add "Update Profile" button in "Profile Management" section.
• Fix an issue where multiple profiles with the same name may be listed in the menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Works pretty well with internal iSight camera. Finaly I have good settings for skype.
I would like to have two more features:
- color filter (like photo filters) that can make whole picture in one color. Preferably choose a color and select denisity like in photoshop.
- image replacement - if I could just put some image instead of video stream. This would be useful when I’m going on hold etc. instead of turning off camera I could change profile to some static image.
Must-have app for all desktop Mac users.
I have a Logitech C310 webcam and, thanks to this app, I was finally able to adjust its settings, so the FaceTime calls are much better quality now.
I highly recommend this app for all of You, who have a webcam which is not supported in OSX out-of-the-box.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.