London Bus Buddy
De Laksh Bhasin
Abra o iTunes para comprar e descarregar apps.
Do you live in London, or are you planning on visiting? Want to travel using the famous “London Bus” network? Have an Apple device with location services?
Then London Bus Buddy is the application for you! With more than 100,000 downloads, this comprehensive iPhone app includes information on all 19,000+ stops that TFL maintains, and also provides some great features including:
- Countdown (powered by TFL), which allows you to see when your next bus is coming. You can also set an alarm to go off X minutes before your bus arrives.
- A snooze alarm that will tell you when you're close to your destination. This feature can work in the background (special configuration is needed for iOS 5 to allow notifications).
- Journey planning that can find both the quickest path and the path with the fewest changes. There are two versions: an online one powered by TFL (a faster, more accurate planner that allows walking) and offline one (planning between bus stops)
- The quick and easy ability to locate London Bus stops near you or near an address/postcode.
- A "display" option that lets you see any London Bus route or stop on a map.
- Static timetables for all routes, like the printed kind you would find at a bus stop.
- The option to favorite routes and stops for easy access. Simply tap on the blue arrow (or info button in iOS 7) next to a route/stop!
- The option to save journeys for easy access and offline retrieval. Simply tap on the "floppy disk" icon!
- "History" of all the recent stops you've been to as well as caching of recent offline journeys you've planned (for quick retrieval if you reenter the same stops)
- Integration with the Maps app on your iPhone (or the Google Maps app if it's available)
- And more!
And all of this is FREE! So what are you waiting for? Download it now! And contact email@example.com if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. London Bus Buddy is not-for-profit. Revenue made off advertisements will go to Muskaan - a charity in India that helps teach underprivileged children.
Location Services Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Novidades da versão 2.2
This update contains some new features, a few fixes to malfunctioning components, and an improved user interface (UI) that conforms with iOS 7 standards. Read on for more specifics!
Major (Non-UI) Changes:
- Allowed users to save both online and offline journeys for easy access and offline retrieval. Simply tap the floppy disk icon while viewing a trip’s details!
- Allowed for integration with Google Maps app due to popular demand. If installed, all external (i.e. outside of the app) direction-finding and point-viewing will be forwarded to this app over Apple Maps.
- Fixed an error where favoriting a route would cause the app to crash. Users can now favorite routes (through the blue detail disclosure button) as before.
- Changed the "Near Postcode" stop finder to a "Near Address" stop finder (which allows for postcodes too of course). Also made this feature work once again by updating geocoding APIs.
- Updated routes and stops to match current state of TFL network.
Major UI Changes:
- Tweaked various aspects of UI to conform to iOS 7 design guidelines.
- Added accommodations for iPhone 5 screen size.
- Added retina support for each image in the app.
- Added some help options (i.e. the "?" icon in the "Alarm" and "Journey" tabs).
Minor (Non-UI) Changes:
- Removed unnecessary GPS requirement to improve device (including iPad) compatibility.
- Added "directions" button for convenience when viewing a stop’s details (its address, etc).
- Fixed error in offline journey caching regarding name confusion.
- Removed non-physical bus stops such as "Hail and Ride" sections.
- Fixed an error where tapping repeatedly on a detail disclosure button for a stop in a map view (to view its details (e.g. address)) would result in an inconsistent state.
Minor UI Changes:
- Changed the route selection search keyboard to prioritize number entry.
- "Cancel" labels have been renamed as "Back" labels and are always in the top left corner for consistency.
- Removed lines connecting between stops in "Display Route" option. These were often found to be inaccurate and not useful.