Placing Students at the Heart of Creative Learning
Este livro pode ser descarregado no seu Mac ou dispositivo iOS com o iBooks, e no seu computador com o iTunes. Os livros podem ser lidos no seu Mac ou dispositivo iOS com o iBooks.
Placing Students at the Heart of Creative Learning shows teachers of key stages 2 and 3 how to introduce creativity into what is often seen as a prescriptive and stifling curriculum, and addresses the tensions that can exist between the requirement to follow the curriculum and the desire to employ innovative pedagogies. It offers readers a range of practical and realistic ways that curriculum changing ideas can be applied to individual projects, classrooms and even entire schools.
This book tracks the imaginative initiatives undertaken by six schools as they have worked to change their curriculum and teaching in order to put student experiences at the core of the learning process. Stating its observations and suggestions in a refreshingly straightforward and practicable manner, this book explores:
- Why a new creative curriculum is needed for the 21st century
- How to encourage teachers and pupils to ‘own’ the curriculum
- The role that pupil voice plays in a creative curriculum
- The environment needed to creatively manipulate the curriculum
- How to introduce innovation to teaching practice
- What actually works – considering the limits and possibilities of creative pedagogy
Providing case studies and examples of the ways in which teachers have delivered the curriculum in a creative way, Placing Students at the Heart of Creative Learning is an invaluably beneficial guide for all those involved in engaging and teaching young people in key stages 2 and 3.