Constitution of Australia
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
The Australian Constitution provides the basic rules for the government of Australia. This software application contains the full text of the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution Act including but not limited to content from the official revised reprint dated 1st January 2012. The application also contains numerous links to Australian case law accessible via the Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII) website (internet connection required). With features like full text search, keyword highlighting, and the ability to email content, this app aims to be a useful and educational companion guide to the study and practise of Australian Constitutional Law.
The application icon features the Aboriginal Flag of Australia for educational reasons only. The main reason for using the Aboriginal Flag of Australia is to encourage public discussion regarding an issue of constitutional significance: firstly, why were Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the nations first peoples, excluded from Commonwealth jurisdiction in the original drafting and subsequent enactment of the Constitution? and secondly, should Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples be expressly recognised in Australia's Constitution? If so, how should that recognition take place? and what legal implications, if any, may arise? These are some initial questions to consider as you read through the text. The only means of attaining Constitutional recognition is via a future referendum under the mechanisms set out in s128. Only 8 out of 44 referendums have been successful since the Constitution became law in 1901.
With that said, there is an additional section within the application called "Recognise" which provides you with information regarding the official Australian public campaign to recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia's Constitution.
Finally, we would be most grateful if you could please take the time to rate the app and/or write a customer review in the app store.
Novedades de la versión 1.6
- Print content using an AirPrint enabled printer;
- Attach content to a text message;
- Post content to your timeline on Facebook (requires FB login via General Settings);
- Select either HTML (styled) or plain text for your email;
- Apology to Australia's Indigenous Peoples (2008);
- Recognising Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in the Constitution: Report of the Expert Panel (2012);
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Recognition Act 2013 (Cth);
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Recognition (Sunset Extension) Act 2015 (Cth);
- Categoría: Referencia
- Actualizado : 22/04/2015
- Versión: 1.6
- Tamaño: 12.1 MB
- Idioma: Inglés
- Vendedor: Gerard Prokop
- © 2011 - 2015 UNILEX Pty. Ltd., All Rights Reserved
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 6.0 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.