By ThinkOptics, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This iWavit Apmote app turns your iPhone into an RF Remote and 3D Air Mouse for Apple devices such as Macs. It can, for example, be used to control "Front Row" on a Mac, and for navigating and controlling almost any program on the Mac.
This app requires the iWavit Accessory hardware (see www.iwavit.com). Attach the iWavit accessory to the iPhone/iPod and insert the iWavit USB dongle into the device to be controlled (for example an Apple Macbook Pro). Now you are ready to control your Mac from afar.
Note that NO PC OR MAC SOFTWARE INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED! The USB dongle is plug-and-play meaning that it will immediately be recognized as a Wireless USB Keyboard & Mouse controller.
In addition to being able to now control your Mac wirelessly from about 100ft away by pressing the familiar Mac-like Remote control buttons, you will also be able to Point Directly at the screen to move a cursor and have Left and Right Mouse buttons. The pointing is "absolute", meaning that there is no drift over time and there is no constant re-centering needed, as is the case for gyro-based air-mice.
One more important feature is the built in virtual USB keyboard. If you rotate your iPhone into landscape mode, the screen will convert to a wireless keyboard.
As with a regular Apple remote, you will have access to the up / down / left / right / play / menu buttons.
However, unlike the normal Apple Remote you, there are the following extra features:
1. RF Remote: It is an RF remote with a range of >100 ft.
2. Air Mouse: It incorporated the patented Direct-Pointing 3D Wavit Mouse. Where you point the Remote is where the cursor appears on the screen. Now you can use the remote to control more than just Front-Row. You can select and run practically any programs on your Mac, including the Safari Browser.
3. Mouse buttons: Addition of Left AND Right buttons. Yes, also the right mouse button!
4. RF Keyboard: Simply turn the iPhone into landscape mode, and the iPhone turns into an RF USB Keyboard. It works just like a real keyboard would. It even works in the login screen.
This stand-alone app belongs to a family of iWavit apps for the iWavit Accessory that turns your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad into wide variety of different input devices and remote controls.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Bug fix: Switching between iWavit apps on the multitasking iOS4.0+ could occasionally lock up iWavit and require that it be physically unplugged and replugged before it would work again.
- Added proximity alert which will warn the user when he/she is too close to the IR lightbar, which may lead to an unstable "jumpy" mouse cursor.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 04 January 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Thinkoptics, Inc.
- © ThinkOptics, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.