UK TravelOptions Lite
By Faster Imaging AS
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UK TravelOptions Lite is a public transport browser based on stunning interactive 2D and 3D vector maps, which are quicker and cheaper to transmit over data connections.
You can use the app to fly over your area of interest and then zoom in to look at public transport services and points of interest.
The app displays public transport timetables from UK government sources including Traveline, Network Rail and Transport for London and is based on maps, 3D building models and points of interest from OpenStreetMap.
OpenStreetMap is the worlds largest community-built map and offers comprehensive and up-to-date mapping. Currently the transport data covers England, Scotland and Wales, while the mapping covers the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Using this app you can
- choose 2D map or 3D building models display from regularly updated OpenStreetMap & Geonames sources
- smoothly pan/zoom the display from country-wide scale to a single street
- tilt/swivel the viewing position using intuitive pinch and twist gestures, and compass shows direction
- use geolocation to show your position on the map
- automatically retain the maps you have loaded for offline use when data connection is turned off
- find bus stops, train stations and metro/tube stops and tap through to timetabled departures
- browse points of interest such as restaurants, shops, tourist atractions and public buildings
- customise the information displayed on screen and save favorite points of interest
- check-in to Facebook Places from the app and see position of friends who share their location with you
- find your way with easy direction-to-destination arrow
- change the app from landscape to portrait mode
Note that despite our best endeavours to provide regular map and timetable updates we cannot guarantee that the data will always be up to date, so you use this app at your own risk.
You can contribute to OpenStreetMap if you spot a new development or a map error at http://openstreetmap.org/.
OpenStreetMap data is open licensed (Creative Commons).
Data on bus times is provided under the UK Open Government Licence.
Data on train timetables is provided under the open Data Feeds licence from Network Rail.
Data on London Underground is provided under the Transport for London Data Feeds syndication licence.
We reserve the right to introduce advertising in UK TravelOptions Lite at a future date.
***UPGRADE TO UKTRAVELOPTIONS PRO FOR LIVE DEPARTURES ON BUSES
We would appreciate your reviews of this app and feedback here in the App Store, but we are unable to reply directly. If you require support on the app please contact us through the support url or e-mail address.
UK Traveloptions Team
What's New in Version 1.32
New and improved user interface.
UK TravelOptions pro is now available with realtime bus departures!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 24 July 2012
- Version: 1.32
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Norwegian
- Developer: Faster Imaging AS
- © Faster Imaging 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.