Footsteps - Pedometer Free
By Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This free version can count up to 3000 steps a day.
Named 3rd best pedometer on Channel 5's The Gadget Show Top 5 with accuracy 98.4% just after Homedics MiBody360 (accuracy 98.5%, price £39.06) and Timex Ironman Triathlon (98.7%, £71.48)
#1 in UK in Health & Fitness and #6 in Top Paid Apps
Track your steps and calories burned.
Share your workout with others on Facebook and Twitter.
Check your progress using history & graph modules.
Footsteps is an advanced pedometer counting steps and calories burned as you walk or run.
It's easy to use, works when in your pocket, hand or a case.
It doesn't require any special belt although works great when you use one.
Works in background.
- Displays Step Count, Duration, Distance, Calories Burned and Speed. Separately for each activity and combined as well.
- Captures your workout in two ways - manual and automatic daily sessions.
- Two display modes - manual and daily views.
- Nine color schemes to choose from including high contrast B&W.
- Timer pauses automatically when no activity is detected.
- Pacer helps maintain the desired speed and intensity. It also calculates calories burned per hour as you maintain this speed
- Alert every preset distance.
- Advanced algorithm calculating calories burned
- Integrated with iPod Music Library
- Screen lock (on the top of the pedometer view)
- Configurable step length for walking and running separately (check our website for step length calculators)
- Configurable units of measurement both English and Metric
- Keeps track of your activity with History & Graphs modules
- Allows to share your workout by email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
- On iPhones turns the screen off to save battery when close to the body, in the pocket or case
MANUAL & DAILY SESSIONS
Footsteps has two ways to capture your workout - Manual & Daily sessions.
Manual sessions are turned on by default.
You decide when to start, pause, reset and save your workout with a manual session.
Additionally, Footsteps will save your manual session at the end of each day (You can turn this off on the Settings tab).
If you don't need such a precise control and instead you prefer the pedometer to count the steps every time you run it use Daily sessions instead.
To switch to Daily Session Mode go to Settings, tap on Sessions in 'Display & Mode' section and select 'Daily Only'.
You won't see Start/Pause/Resume button and 'Save & Reset' option on the pedometer view anymore since a Daily session will be started and saved automatically for you.
Browse your workout sessions from the newest to the oldest or grouped by today, current week or months.
Tap on any of the groups to see all the workouts in the group.
Tap on any single workout session to view, delete or share it (Email (with CSV attachment), SMS, Twitter or Facebook).
You can also edit any workout if the dates or values are for some reason incorrect.
The pedometer has also a batch mode in which you can share or delete more than one workout session at once.
Footsteps has optional built-in music player. To turn it on go to Settings tab and tap on Music Player.
You can either continue to listen to your iPod playlist or define a separate one just for Footsteps.
- If the speed, distance or calories burned reading is not accurate check the values and units of measurement of Walk/Run step length and Weight fields in Settings.
The pedometer has a built-in help system with FAQ section,also feel free to contact our support, we'll be glad to help you. (from within Footsteps tap Help, then Feedback and send us an email explaining the problem).
What's New in Version 5.0
- Redesigned for iOS7
- Improved stability
- Bug fixes
Firstly, my interface doesn't look like the one described here, even if I have 7.0.6 IOS installed.
Secondly, it counts steps even if I drive my car. So, it is a must to stop it and then restart it, day by day.
Thirdly, I regret my payment for it!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 13 November 2013
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Palm Shadow Apps LLC
- © 2009-2013 Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.