Questo is a real-world city exploration game, offering mission-like tours which you can play in more than 30 European cities.
By following clues and solving riddles, you discover new places around the world, while finding out their hidden stories. These are all part of what is called a ‘quest’, which are tours in form of missions of discovery that teleport you inside a fictional story where you’re the main character.
The quests will take you to both hidden gems and must-see attractions in the places you visit in your city or while traveling.
The app received the Best Travel App award at eTravel Awards 2017, and it was also rewarded by Booking.com, in 2018, for its significant positive social impact.
Our city explorers like to describe the game as ‘a mix of treasure hunting, city guide, escape rooms, race around the world, and free walking tour’.
Whether you travel or you’re a local looking for things to do or things to see in the city, you can find a tour (quest) that suits your interests. One day you can save a princess trapped in an ancient castle, the next one you go to the year 3200 and protect the present.
You can choose between outdoors quests or indoor quests in castles, museums, villas and hundreds of other places.
The quests are perfect for couples looking for new things to do together, families with children who are eager to explore, teenagers who want to have fun in new places or solo travelers in search of adventure and sightseeing.
All the quests are built either by a local insider, a storyteller or an experienced tour guide and include both must-see popular attractions, and hidden places (restaurants with local cuisine, authentic craft workshops, neighborhood bars, leisure areas and many more), which only locals usually access. You can be sure your trip is completed with authentic experiences.
These tours (quests) are available in more than 30 cities from 6 countries of Europe, with many more ready to launch.
If you visit the following cities, it’s good to know that you have Questo waiting for you there: Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Vienna, Budapest, Florence, Rotterdam, Breda, Linschoten, Tilburg, Utrecht, Den Bosch, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu, Timisoara, Brasov, Iasi, Sighisoara, Alba Iulia, Bacau , Constanta, Baia Mare, Cisnadioara, Craiova, Bistrita, Slobozia, Bran, Deva, Comana, Sinaia, Calarasi.
- In Rome you play the role of a person who never believed in ghosts, but now becomes one. You will have to go around town and try to find how you died. Along your path you’ll encounter other lost souls while visiting the places in town where they still bring horror to the living.
- In Budapest you are to defend the city against an imminent invasion. Go on a mission of protecting the citizens and securing citadel’s treasures while visiting must-see locations in Budapest and hearing their secret stories.
- In Rotterdam you can go sightseeing while looking for clues in search of a group of spies who found shelter here. Go and collect intelligence and complete your secret assignment.
- In Bucharest you can go on several game-type free walking tours, some with a mission behind, some just as casual walks. Choose from finding the Old Town treasure, exploring the most beautiful outdoor museum inside a cemetery, looking for ghosts in the haunted neighborhood of Bucharest or from many other indoor and outdoor tours.
Play Your City a Visit!
In this new update we redesigned the user interface of the app, added video & audio support in clues, and fixed multiple bugs.
- city screen: improved UI, new search bar and tab bar
- quest screen: new UI, larger quest image, better UX, added quest number of players
- profile screen: improved UI, fixed UX issues
- quest screen: added support for audio and video content
In the upcoming weeks we are preparing a new release for improvements on the screens inside the quests.
Ratings and Reviews
Interactive way of discovering hidden stories of cities
The most interactive way of discovering a new city or even a city you already know. For example, in my hometown I ignored interesting details regarding town’s architecture and thanks to Questo I became more aware of hidden beauties.
Great app for the explorer in you
I use the app in every city that it’s available in, it’s a great way to explore a city after you get to check the major landmarks. If you want a fun way to see a city, this is the app for you
I used the app in more than 5 cities and I have a lot of fun with my friends. When I go in a new city, first I'm looking if in this app to see if they have a quest in that city!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.