By Celtic Code Craft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Seven Wanderers simulates the motion of the visible planets, moon, and sun in the sky. The motion of the seven wanderers have fascinated man for thousands of years.
Now exploring their motion through time is as easy as dragging a wanderer through space with your finger.
With the seven wanderers you can:
- Locate the position of the seven wanderers and the orientation of the sky in your location.
- View the zodiac stars constellations up to 20 degrees on either side of the ecliptic.
- Observe the spring and fall equinoxes when the sun passes 0 and 180 degrees longitude. These are the only days where the entire planet has a 12-hour day and night.
- Observe the summer and winter solstices when the sun passes through its highest and lowest points in the sky.
- Experience the retrograde motion of the planets that puzzled natural philosophers for ages.
- Watch Mercury and Venus dance around the Sun.
- Feel the pace of all the wanderers, including the lumbering pace of Jupiter and Saturn.
- Locate the full moon and new moon by searching out times when the moon and sun are in opposition and conjunction.
- Hunt for lunar and solar eclipses when the moon is close to the ecliptic during opposition or conjunction.
- View the sky from the northern or southern hemisphere
- View the sky with the stars or earth as a fixed frame of reference
- Jump to any date and time with an easy to use picker.
Usage Hints: The Moon has the shortest rotation period and is a good choice for observing motion in detail. The outer planets are good choice to move quickly through large swaths of time.
Trivia: The English names of the days of the week are derived from the germanic names for the wanderers we know as Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Zodiac Markings for
- Tropical Zodiac
- Sidereal Zodiac
- Astronomical Zodiac
- 0,89 €
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 30 September 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Celtic Code Craft
- © 2011 Celtic Code Craft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.