The TestFlight app allows testers to install and beta-test apps on iOS, tvOS and watchOS devices. Testers must first receive an invitation directly from a developer before they can begin testing with TestFlight. Once invited, testers can redeem invitations in TestFlight to install, test, send valuable feedback and get updates for the beta app.
*Note: TestFlight itself does not allow for discovery of beta apps.
To start testing:
• All the app developer needs is your email address to send you an invitation
• You accept the invitation either in the TestFlight iOS app or with a redemption code found via a link in the beta invitation
• Once accepted, you can install the pre-release build
• The TestFlight app will notify you when new builds are available
• To update to the latest build, simply tap Update
Developers can invite TestFlight Beta Testers on the App Store Connect website:
• Create a version of your app and upload new builds
• Choose which pre-release version of your app you wish to release to testers
• Invite new testers by simply providing their email addresses
Apple collects crash data and statistics related to your use of TestFlight and Beta Apps in a personally identifiable form. This information may be provided to the App's Application Provider, who may contact you regarding your use of their Beta App.
- Now available in 38 additional languages.
- Dynamic Type is now supported.
- Improvements for accessibility were made.
Ratings and Reviews
The service was amazing till apple bought it.
1. I hate i can’t logout and login with my choosen email, i am forced to test with the apple id i use for appstore to purchase apps. My dev apple id is different.
2. I hate the review takes time just to be able to send a build to testers, the process was a lot easier till apple changed that.
3. Even a small update to the app has to be reviewed again and testers have to wait stupid amount of time for apple to make it availabe.
Fabric is a great alternative, it nofities the testers instantly the build is available and it has none of this stupid problems.....
Very stable and smooth with little issues so far
Good for testing
It’s doing a great job, we use it since the 2016
- Apple Distribution International
- 32 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.