Blues Masters #1 Lite
By G-Men Productions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sample app for Blues Masters #1. “...seeing [this] app made my jaw drop for the first time in a decade.” —HP Newquist, former Editor-in-Chief, GUITAR magazine
An encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos.
“The Blues Guitar app created by [G-Men Productions] is so full of enjoyable and entertaining elements that it is sure to inspire everyone who uses it to grab the nearest guitar and start playing. They’ve taken the age-old process of teaching guitar and infused it with stunning animation, sound, photos, and video.… Those who already play guitar will not be able to resist using the app to learn more, and those who don’t play will want to run out and find a guitar just to be part of the digital world that [they] have built. I’ve been writing about the guitar, and playing it, for more years than I care to count, but seeing [this] app made my jaw drop for the first time in a decade.”
—HP Newquist, former Editor-in-Chief, GUITAR magazine; Executive Director, The National GUITAR Museum; author, “The Way They Play” Guitar Series
Learn 10 of the 115+ authentic riffs from eight of the 16 masters of the blues guitar that are featured in the paid version (Blues Masters #1). These riffs are designed to sound great over each portion of the blues progression. They're presented (using notes and tab with audio and animation) in two measure chunks—organized by where they fall in the standard 12-bar progression. Some riffs also feature video instruction. You can enrich your blues vocabulary and assemble your own solos with authentic licks as played by eight of the best Blues Masters.
The Blues Masters #1 app is an encyclopedia for all those eager to learn the basics of blues lead guitar and who want to discover how the legends build their solos.
FEATURES OF THIS VERSION:
• Audio with text commentary for each riff
• Video instruction for 1 riff
• Slow down each riff, without changing its pitch, to 3/4 or 1/2 speed to help you learn it
• Notes and tab, with animation, shows you what to play for each riff
• Add your favorite licks to your “Hot List” for convenient retrieval
• See a Bio page for each artist with the ability to listen to each of their licks, sorted by its place in the 12-bar progression; if you like a riff, tap on it to go straight from the Bio page to the Music page to learn it
• A Hot List page for assembling your own 12-bar Hot List solo; choose six 2-bar licks sorted by lick number or artist to create a 12-bar solo and then play it as if the greats were trading licks with each other
• Animate the whole progression while playing one of two backing tracks so you can play them with your own rhythm section (you can slow this down too!)
• Share your progress on social media or message
• Everything is included; no Wi-Fi streaming is required
• The ability to purchase all of the content in the paid version and/or more instruction videos
• Licks from Duane Allman – Dickey Betts – Eric Clapton – Warren Haynes – Albert King - B.B. King – Stevie Ray Vaughan – Leslie West
ADDITIONAL FEATURES IN THE PAID VERSION:
• 109 more licks by the original 8 artists PLUS 8 more artists: Wayne Bennett – Kenny Burrell - Albert Collins – Sammy Lawhorn – Gary Moore – Jack Pearson - T-Bone Walker – Zakk Wylde
• Video instruction for 14 more riffs
• A fun spinner to randomly select an artist and riff
• A built-in tuner with clickable strings to help you tune your guitar
This app was produced by Cherry Lane Music Company, a leader in music instruction, and by G-Men Productions.
What's New in Version 4.0
Updates to stability, efficiency and technology.
Re-tuned all of the animations.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 17 May 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 780 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: G-Men Productions, LLC
- © Copyright 2011 G-Men Productions. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.