By Olexandr Malko
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over 100,000 downloads of this app.
GPSAlarms is a professional grade application with a clear and easy to use interface. It will notify you when you are approaching your target destination. If you are taking a nap, reading a book or talking with a friend - your station won't be missed. You will be alerted in advance with a configurable minimal distance, regardless of the train being earlier or late.
Here are some key features that competing applications are missing:
- Effective algorithm for GPS usage to save battery life
- Capability to follow approaching destinations in the background even while the phone is locked/sleeping
- Set of configurable alarm tones including ascending
- Repeated notifications in case first one was missed
- Easily search for your location by address including by state, city or zip
Even though GPSAlarms uses adaptive algorithms for GPS and has the feature to remind user about prolonged GPS usage please be advised in the following:
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.12
Fix for Address Search
iPhone 5 screen support
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 10 April 2013
- Version: 2.0.12
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: OLEXANDR MALKO
- © 2011, Olexandr Malko
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini with Retina display Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.