By West Tech
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GPS Mileage Log-Lite (Free) and GPS Mileage Log-Pro (1.99) are the fastest ways to track your business mileage for tax purposes, easy as 1-2-3.
GPS Mileage Log-Lite is Free and does the following:
No need to scribble down or input odometer readings and calculate your mileage. Once activated the GPS Mileage Log will calculate your mileage as you
drive even while the app is in the background.
1. Hit the GPS ON Button and start recording your mileage using the iPhone built in GPS system. Mileage is displayed on the screen. Feel free to test the accuracy against your car's trip odometer, it's FREE.
2. Hit the GPS OFF Button to end a trip.
3. Enter a brief purpose and destination and hit SAVE.
That's it !! You've got everything you need to satisify the IRS.
Your trip's description, miles traveled and a date/time stamp are added to the "Trips Log". When you're ready
go to the "Manage Log" screen and email the log to yourself, your employer etc.. These are electronic devices and accidents happen so I suggest
emailing the log often. ALL THE DATA IS STORED ON YOUR DEVICE UNTIL EMAILED. The email will contain a comma delimited file (.csv) that can be
imported into most programs (spreadsheet etc), edited (if necessary) and printed providing proper IRS documentation. See IRS Publication 463 for details.
GPS Mileage Log-Pro:
Costs 1.99, is ad free and does everything GPS Mileage Log-Lite does PLUS:
1. Allows the creation and maintenance of two separate vehicle logs.
2. Does all the math for you!! Calculates the deduction value of each trip and creates editable mileage log(s) including all the totals needed for immediate IRS submission.
Excerpt from Publication 463
"What Are Adequate Records?"
"You should keep the proof you need in an account book, diary, log, statement of expense, trip sheets, or similar record."
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
****** Liability Statement ******
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEST TECH BE LIABLE TO FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
What's New in Version 1.2
Effective 7/1/2011 the IRS updated mileage rates. This update allows updating and saving of the new and future mileage rates.
IMPORTANT! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR LOG BEFORE UPDATING!!
- SR 7.29
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 29 June 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bruce Dotson
- © 2011 Bruce Dotson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.