By BlueYellow Media Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the rich history around you through the blue plaques on local buildings which link their location with a famous person or event.
PlaqueMap contains over 3,000 plaques found mainly in the UK, covering a number of subjects such as the arts, sport, military history and science.
Plaques can be explored using the app's interactive map and 'near me' listings. Each entry is linked to Wikipedia to help you discover how that famous person made their mark on history. Included is a gallery of plaque photos, as well as a Twitter feed to keep you updated on the latest English Heritage tweets.
Did you know:
- John Lennon has a blue plaque at his childhood home 251 Menlove Avenue, Liverpool
- Sir Isaac Newton has a plaque where he lived in 87 Jermyn Street, SW1, Westminster
- The childhood home of Charlie Chaplin is 287 Kennington Road, London, SE 11
* Interactive map
* Place name search
* 'Plaques near me' listings
* Plaque photo gallery
* In-app Wikipedia content
* Bookmarks for your favourite plaques
* English Heritage Twitter feed
* Share plaque locations with your friends
* Information on the history of plaques
Note: this app uses data from openplaques.org - a user contributed service to provide plaque data from across the UK. We do not claim that this data includes every single plaque. If you have any suggestions on additional sources of data about plaques installed in the UK, or have spotted any mistakes or errors in the data, please get in touch.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added photo gallery
- Improved plaque listings page
- Added English Heritage Twitter feed
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 25 April 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BlueYellow Media Ltd.
- © 2011 BlueYellow Media Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.