Rail Commute - Live UK Train Times & Platform Information
By William Joseph Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FEATURED IN 'THE INDEPENDENT' – 10 BEST COMMUTER GEAR
"For the train traveling commuter there's simply no app as streamlined and user-friendly as Rail Commute" by knowyourmobile.com
RailCommute is an app for UK rail users and commuters.
The app allows you to find your next train, its platform and any delays at the touch of a single button. Once you've caught your train, RailCommute lets you tell your chosen contacts (partner/friends/colleagues) what time you are due to arrive via text and email as well as Facebook and Twitter. Your train is then ‘tagged’ so you can follow your progress en-route. View Twitter updates from your rail provider within the app – which when things go wrong is a great way of knowing what’s happening! New feature allows you to claim compensation on your ticket for delayed trains.
RailCommute is designed for users who know their route and do not require a journey planning function.
**NEW FEATURE - Claim compensation on delayed trains. Claw back some of that season ticket!!**
Live Departures and Arrivals
- Live train departures and arrivals so you can check quickly if your train is on time before leaving home or the office
- Live platform allocation* to help you beat the scramble!
- Ability to save multiple routes
- Shows details of trains that are en-route as well as about to depart
- User friendly interface which quickly highlights delayed trains
Where’s my train?
- Live location of your train (even after it's departed)
I’m on this train!
- Let family, friends and colleagues know when your train is scheduled to arrive via email, text, Twitter and Facebook
- ‘Tag’ the train you are on so you can follow status en-route
- Live Twitter status updates from your selected rail provider
IMPORTANT NOTES – PLEASE READ:
– Data is real-time departures and arrivals and shows trains within the NEXT 2 HOURS.
– The app does not have a journey planning facility and is for PRE-PLANNED JOURNEYS OF NO MORE THAN TWO LEGS PER ROUTE (you can add additional saved routes for longer journeys if you wish).
– The app requires a data connection to function. It's performance will be slower if this connection is weak, especially if your phone has 'connected' to a free wireless network (such of BT Openzone), but you have not paid for the service. This will affect ALL internet based apps and websites and we recommend in these circumstances you turn off your wireless and use your phone signal instead.
– You can use RailCommute for all live departures and arrivals on the National Rail Network (including London Overground). It does not include London Underground information.
– RailCommute is powered and approved by Network Rail Enquiries.
*Platform allocation is not available on all stations – please visit networkrail.co.uk for details.
VIRGIN TRAINS DO NOT RELEASE PLATFORM INFORMATION FOR LONDON EUSTON. FIRST GREAT WESTERN SUPPRESS PLATFORM INFORMATION FROM LONDON PADDINGTON UNTIL 10 MINS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
What's New in Version 2.5.91
Added stations for re-opened Borders Railway line:
Shawfair, Eskbank, Newtongrange, Gorebridge, Stow, Galashiels and Tweedbank.
- SR 10.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 26 April 2016
- Version: 2.5.91
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Developer: William Joseph Ltd
- © William Joseph Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.