Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
One of TIME Magazine's Best Apps of 2018!
MacStories "Best App Updates of 2018" selection!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced URL Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email email@example.com.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts 5 installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on new features and migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
#### Workspace improvements
Workspaces learned a few new tricks in this release:
- Workspaces can now optionally load action groups in the action list and extended keyboard when applied. This is useful when a workspace is configured for working draft of a particular syntax, or project, and you want the related actions handy.
- Workspaces can now optionally switch the selected list tab (inbox, flagged, etc.) when applied. Saves some taps if a workspace is used to browse the archive primarily or similar.
#### Other updates and changes
- **New:** Return of the "All" tab in the draft list. This tab shows both inbox and archived drafts at the same time - which is sometimes handy when searching.
- **New:** Convenience URL scheme `drafts5://create_shortcut_action?name=ShortcutName` allow easy creation of Drafts actions which trigger Shortcuts. For more information and sample "Add to Drafts" shortcut, visit our community forums.
- **New:** `FileManager` script object methods to support listing directory contents, moving and copying files:
- `createDirectory(folder, path)`
- `moveItem(fromPath, toPath, overwrite)`
- `copyItem(fromPath, toPath, overwrite)`
- See [reference](http://reference.getdrafts.com/objects/FileManager.html) for details
- **New:** Prompts now support a default button which appears fixed at bottom with cancel button.
- In prompt action step, if only one button is used, it will be made the default button.
- In scripted prompts, the `addButton` method can now take an additional `isDefault` boolean parameter. So, `p.addButton("Name", "value", true)` would make that button the default button fixed at the bottom of the prompt. Only one button can be the default. If a scripted prompt only adds one button, it will be assumed to be the default button.
- The default button will be the one to respond to CMD-Return external keyboard shortcut.
- **New:** Template markdown blocks (%% %%) can now take a format type specifier to override default Markdown options. Useful when a specific action needs to render using a different Markdown engine.
- `%%text%%` will render text with default Markdown options as always
- `%%githubmarkdown|text%%` will force use of GitHub Markdown.
- `%%multimarkdown|text%%` will force use of MultiMarkdown
- **New:** `Base64.encode(string)` and `Base64.decode(string)` methods for handling Base64 in scripts.
- **New:** Add coloring for Critic Markup highlights in MultiMarkdown syntax.
#### Other Fixes
- **Change:** General pass of minor UI improvements
- **Fix:** Address issue where actions which altered text in the editor being called repeatedly and quickly - typically via repeating keyboard shortcut or quickly tapping extended keyboard row button - could cause the draft to revert to a previous version when sync changes were processed in the background.
- **Fix:** Workaround VoiceOver issue preventing access to row actions (edit, duplicate, etc.) in the action list.
- **Fix:** Inline code blocks in Markdown should be exclusive ranges to avoid accidental confusion with other markup.
- **Fix:** Be sure draft state is saved before showing (i) detail screen.
- **Change:** Update some of the actions configured on initial installation to include (if installed) actions for Agenda, Good Task and a few other apps (these examples are also in the Action Directory for existing users).
- **New:** Add news link in resources reached in Settings.
- **Change:** Refactoring in URL schemes and routing to better share code with Mac and avoid duplication.
- **Fix:** File type registration issue for action group export files which made it difficult to re-import them backups of action groups from the Files app.
- **Change:** Sort trash by modified, not accessed.
- **Fix:** Add OneDrive action step summary in action editor.
For complete details and change history, please visit https://getdrafts.com/changelog.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple yet powerful!
This application is the best definition of an app that is simple yet powerful! In it’s simplest form drafts is a note taking app that directly lets you enter text without getting in your way and loads up quickly.
But in its advanced form, Drafts is a powerful automation tool! I use it from everything to Day One entries, sending messages and OmniFocus tasks to email that is partially prewritten with me just having to enter what’s left!
Cannot be overstated how useful this app is!
- Agile Tortoise
- 56 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2019 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro Subscription 20,00 kr
- Annual Pro Subscription 205,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.