GEDexplorer is a browser for genealogy data contained in GEDCOM files. Using GEDexplorer you can keep your family history data with you at all times, in your phone or in your tablet. With GEDexplorer there's no recurring fee, no need to share your data with others and no need to stay connected to the internet.
Please note that GEDexplorer can not (yet) edit genealogy data - it can only visualize genealogy information that you have already collected.
* A compact yet detailed biographical view
* A scrollable and zoomable tree view for showing a person's ancestors and/or descendants
* A circular view for showing a person's ancestors
* Split screen mode (useful for tablets and high density phones)
* Shows images for persons, events and places
* Shows maps for places (if they have coordinates)
* Supports links to web pages
* Supports notes written in HTML
* Supports GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.5EL files in a variety of character encodings
* Fast and memory efficient
* Supported languages: English, German and Swedish
Support for adoptive parents and foster parents
Support for "starting person" (the GEDCOM tag _HOME)
Support for TEXT (source text quotations)
Support for ADDR (address) for events
Support for CREM (cremation), _GODP (godparents) and _WITN (witnesses)
Improved handling of multiple names
Decreased memory usage
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.