Knowing your current heart rate is useful, but seeing in real time how it varies over a longer period gives you much more information, especially when trying to understand how your body is responding to a training plan. Heart Graph can be used for all types of aerobic exercise including running, cycling, rowing or gym work, and of course you can also use it to study your normal heart rate for general health reasons.
Heart Graph allows you to record new data and see your heart rate graph in real time, as well as importing existing data from Apple Health. Data from previous sessions can then be compared to give a deeper understanding of how your body is changing over time, for example by directly comparing the graphs for equivalent sessions, viewing statistics such as max, mean and resting heart rate across sessions, or seeing the proportion of time spent in different heart rate zones aggregated over weeks or months. (Note some features require a one-off In-App Purchase, as described below.)
The key FREE features of Heart Graph include:
* Display a real-time graph of heart rate against time on your iPhone or iPad
* Support for both Bluetooth sensors and Apple Watch
* No ads
* Review all your sessions offline to spot trends in your data
* Integration with Apple Health: import existing workout data and store new workouts
* Maximise the screen area for graphs on iPhone and iPod touch using landscape orientation
* Group related sessions by adding your own notes, then searching for sessions matching those notes
* Record a standard Reference Set at the start of each session to help determine how your body is really doing; if your heart rate is elevated, you may want to take it easy
* Record data in the background if you want to use other heart rate apps (Bluetooth sensors)
Beyond the basics, a single, one-off In-App Purchase will enable the Premium Features, giving you access to more in-depth analysis tools and the ability to design your training sessions in the app. These Planned Workouts split a session into small pieces, for example sets at the the gym, or intervals on a bike. When you’re exercising, Heart Graph will keep track of where you are in the session and what’s coming up next, alerting you when it’s time to stop or move on. The trigger for moving from one set to the next can be a simple time gap (“wait 30 seconds”), or be based on heart rate to allow a specific amount of recovery before continuing (“wait until heart rate is below 120bpm”). The outcome is a structured plan that adapts to how your body is responding each time you do that session.
Premium Features of Heart Graph include:
* View and analyse the time spent in each of five configurable heart rate zones
* Add annotations to the graph during recording to help identify key events
* Heart rate alarms when your heart rate changes zone or goes above or below configurable thresholds
* Import data from the Health app for custom time periods of up to 24 hours
* Directly compare graphs for equivalent sessions
* Compare statistics (such as max, mean and resting heart rate) across sessions
* Calculate calories burned, and set a calorie target for each session
* Record a session to explicitly measure resting heart rate while you relax
* Audio rep counting so you never lose count - make a noise every time you complete a rep and the app keeps track of how many you’ve done
* Import and export heart rate data from other apps or your computer using Garmin TCX format files
* Export data to CSV files for further analysis in software such as Excel (email, Dropbox, etc)
IMPORTANT NOTE: use of Heart Graph requires an external sensor to record heart rate data, for example:
* A low-energy bluetooth (BTLE) sensor such as the Wahoo Tickr / Polar H10 chest straps, or the Mio Alpha watch
* An Apple Watch (min WatchOS 4) or other source that writes heart rate data to the Health app
* An ANT+ sensor connected using the Wahoo Fitness ANT+ key
For those users with both iPhone and iPad, we’ve brought you the ability to automatically synchronise all your workouts between both devices - if you record a new workout on the iPhone and have Sync enabled, it will automatically appear on the iPad, where of course you can see the graph in much more detail.
We’ve also made the following improvements:
- You can now choose to have heart rate alarms delivered as a single notification rather than a continuously sounding alarm
- The workout graph on the Apple Watch now auto-scales the y-axis to match only the data shown, meaning you can see more detail for the most recent few minutes
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
We're listening! If you experience a problem with the app, please contact us via our website.
Ratings and Reviews
Whatever app I have op pen when the Apple watch screen goes blank The time I turn it on again Heath graph will popup as the open app instead of last. Junk.
Developer Response ,
This is not a problem with Heart Graph - you just need to make a simple configuration change in the Apple Watch app on your phone: in General -> Wake Screen, make sure you have *not* chosen "While in Session" or "Always".
Useful and efficient
I mainly use Heart Graph for checking the pulse level after an exercise. Auto import makes it very easy, and it is even possible to view simple graphs on the Apple Watch. As a bonus, I can import custom time intervals to get the resting heart rate.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for describing how you use the app - it's great to hear which parts of the app different customers use!
Good app for spinning sessions
One of the better apps for tracking a “pulse-based” spinning session.
Ideally I’d like to add zones and set the color of the zones.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can discuss your suggestion in more detail.
- Smoky Cat Software Ltd.
- 42.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Smoky Cat Software Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features 30,00 kr
- Support Ad-Free Software 10,00 kr
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.