Karma - Rescue food
By Karmalicious AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rescue food with Karma, such as a delicious lunch meal that hasn't been sold, with 50% discount or more. Perfect for tonight's dinner or tomorrow's lunch!
Now with more that 250 registered restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries and cafes. More places join every week.
Stockholm: rescue food from Vassa Eggen, Nybrogatan 38, Nytorget 6, Grand Central by Scandic, American Table Bar & Brasserie, Gateau, Freshii, Österlånggatan17, Koloni, Bröd & Salt, Meatballs for the People, Doctor Salad, Wayne's Coffee, Doktor Mat and more.
Göteborg: rescue food from Swedish Taste, Le Croissant, The Barn, Francks Kök & Catering, Tiger Deli, Govindas, Lilla Bommen Smörgåsbutik, Cederleüfs & Svenheimers, Kök:17, Bistro Italiano, Muchacho, St. Agnes, Gateau mfl.
We're also live in Malmö, Uppsala, Umeå, Enköping, Norrköping, Borås, Kalmar and Västerås!
Do you have a favorite place that should join Karma? Become a Karma ambassador and help us fight the food waste by making your favorite places join Karma!
Eat well. Save money. Save the environement.
- Eat well
Rescue delicious food as high quality take away. Buy in the app and pick-up on location.
- Save money
With Karma you easily buy great surplus food at a discounted price. And you don't have to cook too!
- Save the environment
When you rescue food with Karma you join us in fighting the food waste to save the environment.
This is how it works:
- Food is uploaded to Karma
Restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries and cafes upload their surplus food at specific times, often between 2pm and 6pm.
- You rescue the food
You buy the food you want to rescue directly in the Karma app with 50% discount or more.
- You pick up the food
You pick up the food on location as take away. Show your receipt to the personnel in order to get your food!
- Follow your favorite places to get notified when they have food you can rescue
Perhaps you want to know if a restaurant has a meal that you can buy for dinner after work? You'll get a push notification as soon as a place you like has food that you can rescue!
Please note: We always look for the best way to identify and show you relevant places from where you can save food. In order to do this we use GPS from time to time to find the places that are closest to you and to notify you that they have food you can rescue. By using GPS, always with your consent, we modify and improve your experience with the Karma app. However, occasional use of GPS in the background might decrease the phone's battery time.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- We’ve separated the map view and the restaurant list to make it easier to orientate yourself in different ways to rescue food.
- We have a search function! When we separated the map and the restaurant list we suddenly got a lot of space to use, so we added a search bar. On the map view you can search for specific food or places, and in the restaurant list you can look up places. Perfect if you know what you’re looking for!
- We’ve redesigned certain pages so that the main menu is hidden on them. This makes it easier for you to focus on the content of the page! For example, the cart button has been enlarged so that it is easier to see.
- We’ve redesigned the receipt view to make it easier for the personnel to see what you have rescued.
- As soon as you have picked up your food you’re now entitled to share your awesomeness with friends on social media!
- We’ve mad it a tad easier to remove stuff from the cart, in any case something is wrong. Just click Change in the upper right corner and you can remove items!
- We got a completely new design for the News view, in order to prepare ourselves for a full-fledged feed!
- Oh, and we got one more big news, but we’ll introduce it in a little while!
Other things that are fixed:
- You can now open links and notifications leading to the correct places in the app, even if the app was closed before.
- The app runs ever so smoothly even when there are a lot of things to be rescued
- We’ve corrected other bugs that might not be visible, but are oh so important!
As always, we love your feedback! Do you have ideas on how to improve the app? Or do you have a favorite place that just have to be a part of Karma? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 21 April 2017
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 42.6 MB
- Languages: English, Swedish
- Developer: Karmalicious AB
- © Karmalicious AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.