StopTheMadness is a Safari and Firefox extension that stops web sites from making your browser harder to use. And it protects your privacy on the web!
Many web sites disable user interface features in your browser that you normally expect to work. StopTheMadness ensures that those features continue to work for you in Safari and Firefox:
• command-click and middle-click to open a link in a new tab
• command-key keyboard shortcuts
• opening contextual menus
• selecting, copying, and pasting of text
• drag and drop
• AutoFill/autocomplete of passwords, emails, etc.
• smooth scrolling
With StopTheMadness enabled, the annoying web sites that deliberately make your life harder suddenly become easy to use again!
StopTheMadness also protects your privacy on the web:
• Stops hyperlink auditing (anchor "ping")
• Stops tracking beacons (Navigator.sendBeacon)
• Stops clickjacking in Google Search results
• Removes tracking parameters such as utm_source, gclid, and fbclid from clicked links
• Hides animated squiggles on theoutline.com
• New website protection: Force links to open in current tab! Some links have target="_blank" that automatically opens the link in a new tab when you click. Now there is an option in StopTheMadness to remove target="_blank" from links so that they open in the current tab. Many people have requested this option, and it's finally available!
• New website protection: Tab Closing and Visibility! This stops sites from showing a popup and keeping a tab open when you try to close the tab. It also stops sites from knowing whether a tab is visible on your screen, which they use to track your behavior.
• New website protection: Video Controls! When enabled, this brings all videos to the front and shows the video controls by default. This stops sites from hiding a video's contextual menu.
• New website protection: All Mouse Clicks. This stops sites from hijacking your mouse clicks. In some extreme cases, a site will hijack all clicks in order to prevent you from selecting text. If the Text Selection protection isn't sufficient, you can enable the All Mouse Clicks protection too, and then you can select text that was previously not selectable!
Betyg och recensioner
Works just as advertised
I complained earlier that Cmd-clicking links on Reddit didn’t work, but this wasn’t the fault of StopTheMadness, but another Safari plugin that messed things up. This plugin does its job just fine and many sites now work a whole lot better thanks to it. 👍🏼
Svar från utvecklaren ,
Hi. I took at look at Reddit, but I wasn't able to find the issue you described. I'd be very grateful if you could provide further details via email to email@example.com
- Jeff Johnson
- 600.7 KB
macOS 10.12 eller senare, 64-bitars processor
- Du måste vara minst 17 år för att få hämta denna app.
- Obegränsad tillgång till internet.
- © 2018 Jeffrey Johnson
- 109,00 kr
Upp till sex familjemedlemmar kan använda den här appen när Familjedelning är aktiverat.