1000 Sight Words Superhero HD Free
By Hetal Shah
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The most common 1000 words are used 13 times more frequently than the next most common 1000 words!
Mastering this relatively small group of words yields a high rate of return when it comes to reading and writing.
How will this app help?
1) BABY STEPS: We do not want to overwhelm a kid by 1000 words. This app divides the 1000 words into small manageable sets (50 sets) of 20 words each.
2) ORGANIZED APPROACH: You can put a checkmark against the words that you have learnt, allowing you to focus on the words that need practice.
3) TRACKING PROGRESS: Against each set will be shown the number of words that have been learnt so far.
4) MOTIVATION: Once all the 20 words in a set have been checked a checkmark is shown against that set.
5) QUIZ: This app provides a special review screen which shows all the words in a set with al the checkmarks on one screen. This will help to get you a quick snapshot of where your child stands and quiz the child on the words learnt so far.
6) MULTIPLE PROFILES: You can setup up to three children and the app will maintain three separate profiles of checkmarks.
What's New in Version 1.1
1) Changed the spell section to use lowercase animated letters
2) Changed the read section to allow tracing on the word for spelling practice
3) Added Supergirl character for girls
4) Changed review section to navigate between sets