By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*IMPORTANT* Bastion requires an iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S or newer, or iPod touch (5th gen).
App Store BEST of 2012 Pick!
Reimagined for iOS, this award-winning action RPG experience redefines storytelling in games with a reactive narrator who marks your every move!
* * *
Bastion earned Editors' Choice on the App Store but that's not all! Here's what critics have to say:
"...simply astounding. This is an action RPG that deserves a spot on every gamer's iPad."
- SlideToPlay.com (4 out of 4 ""Must Have"")
"Bastion for iPad is just as good if not better than its console brethren."
- TouchArcade (5 stars out of 5)
"...a wonderful adaption of an outstanding action title... feels at home on the App Store."
- AppSpy.com (5 out of 5)
"It’s a beautiful, clever, absolutely one-of-a-kind experience."
- 148Apps.com (5 stars out of 5)
"Bastion is a textbook example of how to make an iPad port."
- IGN.com (9 out of 10)
* * *
The original version of Bastion earned more than 100 industry accolades, including:
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST DEBUT, Game Developers Choice Awards
- DOWNLOADABLE TITLE of the YEAR, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
- BEST VIDEOGAME of the YEAR, Paste Magazine
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST ORIGINAL SCORE, SpikeTV
- BEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME and BEST INDIE GAME, Inside Gaming Awards
* * *
Bastion for iOS features all the highly acclaimed artwork, music, and narration that Bastion is known for, along with intuitive touch controls. Explore more than 40 lush hand-painted environments as you discover the secrets of the Calamity, a surreal catastrophe that shattered the world to pieces. Wield a huge arsenal of upgradeable weapons and battle savage beasts adapted to their new habitat. Finish the main story to unlock New Game Plus mode and continue your journey!
- Stunning hand-painted artwork
- Critically-acclaimed original music score
- Hours of reactive narration deliver a deep story
- Intuitive touch controls created exclusively for iOS
- Universal App runs on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Variable difficulty for players of all skill levels
- Action-packed combat rewards playing with finesse
- 10+ unique upgradeable weapons to be used
- 6 powerful Bastion structures to be discovered
- 'New Game Plus' mode unlocked after finishing the story
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards
- Sync saved data seamlessly via iCloud
Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games. We're a small developer with big ambitions: to make games that spark your imagination like the games you played as a kid. Follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter or visit us at www.supergiantgames.com.
* * *
- Voice-over narration: English
- Text and subtitles: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (based on region setting)
What's New in Version 1.2
Bastion now takes advantage of some of the latest features of iOS 7! Thank you to all our fans for your continued support.
- Minor bug fixes and optimized performance
Hours after hours of fun!!
Absolutely loved it from start to finish. Beautifully crafted environments and interesting storyline with plot twists. Fast-paced action adventure with a very well-balanced and flexible difficulty level. Most achievements are very attainable and are fun to do. And gosh, the narration throughout the entire game was near-perfect. It feels like Morgan Freeman's watching you play while giving commentary at the same time. Lastly, I played this on an iPhone 6, so it might've made a difference (I know the gorgeous graphics are heavy-duty), but it ran extremely smoothly for me. Not a single frame lagged. Nope. The phone didn't even get hot like how it would with some of my other graphic-intense games. All in all, I'd say this game's a great success and would highly recommend it! 😊
Best RPG on iOS
Bastion is simply made to perfection. The mechanisms of the gameplay is near flawless, everything is so well balanced, almost no glitches, smooth controls, beautiful artwork and the creators did a good job in creating a really colorful world. The game offers numerous ways to playing the character and each weapon has its own unique feature. The game has pretty good music too. But most of all, probably the one thing that stands out is the narration, simply amazing, it's like playing through a story with Morgan Freeman as the narrator. Highly recommended game, I'd pay a hell lot more for a game like this
Totally worth the $6 spent. I like how you can adjust the difficulty level and such. Also loved the narration. Although it was hard to decide at the end, still glad I have completed the game. Also something about this as kept me going, and I am glad that I did.
- S$ 5.98
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 September 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 561 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- © 2012 Supergiant Games LLC. All rights reserved. WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.