By Sinisa Drpa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Boat HUD is simple-to-use speedometer and weather report application with anchor alarm.
* Only for iPhone 3G,3Gs and iPhone 4 Due to GPS utilization
Boat HUD uses the GPS device to accurately calculate speed and location. Based on the location it shows real time observations of temperature, pressure and wind direction and velocity. To visualize wind impact wind arrow shows the direction of the wind with regards to your heading. The app. is about simplicity and readability, providing the necessary information about the course, speed, distance and weather.
It includes anchor alarm that lets you set and monitor your position relative to an anchor point.
Route Player gives you the ability to replay any journey you previously saved. Just like watching a movie, you can start, stop, pause, and change the speed of the journey replay.
* Speedometer, distance travelled and weather report for current location
According to user's location, Boat HUD will download latest weather report from NOAA weather service.
* Anchor alarm,
* Route player - Replay any previously saved journey,
* Speed graph,
* Acceleration graph,
* Map view with location tracking, showing the route travelled
* Wind direction and velocity display,
The wind arrow shows the direction of the wind with regards to user's heading,
* Apparent wind direction/speed,
* Support for online real-time GPS tracking,
* Air temperature and barometric pressure,
* Sunrise/sunset time, moon phase for current location,
* Distance traveled display since timer has started,
* Units selection: MPH, KM/H, °C, °F, hPa, inHg,
* Customizable data colors to improve readability for better day and night vision.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Added route player
- Added route details view
- Added acceleration graph display
- Added apparent wind direction/speed display
- Improved speed reporting