By Mountford Line
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the world of acrostics! An acrostic, also called a crostic or double crostic, is a cousin of crossword puzzles, with clues and answers whose letters are rearranged to form a quote from a famous (or not-so-famous) author. If you're familiar with acrostics, you will quickly see how convenient they are on the iPhone, because letters are automatically copied to the correct place as you type them in.
Crostix Free is a free version of our Crostix application, containing sample puzzles from our library. Try them out, and if you like them, get the full version, with 150 puzzles, from easy to fiendishly hard, or just buy more in Crostix Free using in-app purchase.
The program has all the features you'd expect:
- get hints for a single letter or an entire word,
- see your score, based on how many hints you needed,
- change the font size by pinching,
- rotate the device as you like, and
- get help on all program options.
If you're new to the world of acrostics, the application also includes a short description to get you started. More tutorials about acrostics are available on our Web site.
What's New in Version 3.2
Fixed bug which caused the puzzle not to be saved unless you left the puzzle screen before leaving the app.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 April 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: Brian Mountford
- © 2009-2015 Brian Mountford
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Joe LexS$ 2.98
- Crostix Book ElevenS$ 1.48
- Crostix Book TenS$ 1.48
- Crostix Book NineS$ 1.48
- Crostix Book EightS$ 1.48
- Elementary, My Dear WatsonS$ 4.48
- GagLinesS$ 2.98
- Guest Author: Gordon Frakes 2S$ 1.48
- The Golden TreasuryS$ 1.48
- Crostix Free Book SevenS$ 1.48