By Mountford Line
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the world of acrostics! An acrostic, also called a crostic or double crostic, is a cousin of crossword puzzles, with clues and answers whose letters are rearranged to form a quote from a famous (or not-so-famous) author. If you're familiar with acrostics, you will quickly see how convenient they are on the iPhone, because letters are automatically copied to the correct place as you type them in.
Crostix Free is a free version of our Crostix application, containing sample puzzles from our library. Try them out, and if you like them, get the full version, with 150 puzzles, from easy to fiendishly hard, or just buy more in Crostix Free using in-app purchase.
The program has all the features you'd expect:
- get hints for a single letter or an entire word,
- see your score, based on how many hints you needed,
- change the font size by pinching,
- rotate the device as you like, and
- get help on all program options.
If you're new to the world of acrostics, the application also includes a short description to get you started. More tutorials about acrostics are available on our Web site.
What's New in Version 2.7
Two new books, Crostix 8 and 9, with more of Sharon's puzzles. The library menu has also been improved to show your progress for each book. A few puzzle typo fixes.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 05 June 2014
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 11.1 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: Brian Mountford
- © 2009-2014 Brian Mountford
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Crostix Book NineS$ 1.28
- Crostix Book EightS$ 1.28
- Elementary, My Dear WatsonS$ 3.98
- GagLinesS$ 2.58
- The Golden TreasuryS$ 1.28
- Crostix Free Book SevenS$ 1.28
- Crostix, Book SixS$ 1.28
- Crostix Free Book FiveS$ 1.28
- Crostix Free Book FourS$ 1.28
- Crostix Free Book ThreeS$ 1.28