The Economist weekly magazine, digital edition
Users on iOS 10.3 or above can explore an expanded version of this app, incorporating daily and weekly updates, along with a morning briefing by searching for ‘The Economist’.
Readers can access their essential global briefing on current affairs, business, finance, economics, science, technology and the arts from The Economist each week.
Download the free app to:
• Enjoy three free articles a week, including the cover leader
• Enjoy the content of the weekly newspaper in an easy-to-use format
• Save articles to read offline later
• Get alerts when the new issue is available along with notifications on cover stories, breaking news and analysis.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps
• Share articles via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook
• The app presents a great digital native reading experience for readers allowing for font size changes, Night Mode and other convenient user friendly qualities.
In today’s changing world, the one thing that’s certain is uncertainty. Make sense of it all with The Economist.
• Subscribe annually, quarterly or buy a single issue. You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Annual and quarterly subscriptions automatically renew. You can manage auto-renew of your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time, but must be turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again.
• The app may offer a free trial. At the end of the free trial period, the full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter. Cancellations must occur 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON IPAD
Simply search for The Economist in the App Store to download the app for free.
Please note that this app requires iOS 8.0 and above. We recommend you update to the latest version of iOS to receive the best possible experience.
• Various fixes and improvements to the audio player
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
very poor app, had to remove it
The app does not show which issues you have bought and which not. the library just shows all issues, hence you can not go back and read previously bought ones because you can't find out which ones you have.
This further hinders you on deleting no longer needed issues and fills up your memory.
I have to delete the whole app to get rig of old issues! This is is all very uncomfortable and makes the app practically unusable.
and it's the only magazine app I know which has that deficiencies, wonder really how it could pass any quality control....
Useful but can be better
With regards to giving access to The Economist magazine online anywhere this is very efficient and useful. However, what is lacking are the news articles that they put up on their website on a regular basis. That should also be part of the app.
Overall, the user interface needs to be made more friendly and more content apart from the print edition.
Works well on 1st generation iPad Mini
Not many apps work well on older iOS devices unless they do not have bloatware and are optimized for performance. The Economist App is one of these and so I am glad to give it 5 stars as it works really well in terms of features as well as performance.
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2018
- In-App Purchases
- The Economist S$ 104.98
- The Economist S$ 448.98
- The Economist S$ 40.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.