Edibles ~ Diet Journal for iPad
By World Media Group, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Edibles is a computer application software that is made available for your ease of use on your iPhone. Use Edibles to track and count calories 'wherever you are' right from your mobile phone. We know you are not always at your computer when enjoying a meal or snack.
Edibles is the most reliable and intuitive calorie journal available for iPad. It comes with everything you need to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
"If I can lose 40 pounds, you can, too! Download Edibles, start losing poundage now!" - iPhone Life Magazine
"Makes food journaling FUN!" - MacStudio
Studies have shown that maintaining a diet journal while dieting can actually *double* your weight loss.
- Tracks calories and automatically deducts it from configurable daily, weekly, and exercise pools.
- Tracks exercise and automatically adds the calories you earn from your exercise to your exercise calorie pool.
- Keeps a user-defined database of your favorite foods so that you never have to enter the same food twice.
- Keeps daily entries as long as you choose to have them.
- Built-in programmable calculator can be configured to calculate nutritional information.
- Food categories allow you to track specific food types you want to be sure you eat daily. It does this automatically without having to manually choose "Water", "Vegetables", "Fruit" etc.
- Automatically resets weekly allowances on a specific configured day.
- Displays unused daily allowance as a badge on the application icon.
- Keeps a chart of your weight and allows you to track your progress toward your goal.
- Calculates and displays your BMI with other weight statistics such as current weight, average lost, total lost, etc.
- Fully supports metric and european units.
- Does not force you to use a cluttered database full of foods that you never eat. Database is defined by you to include only the things you want. If you need to find a food, Edibles includes the ability to search over 500,000 foods and add them individually to your food list. (iPhone OS 3.x ONLY)
- Automatically calculates your daily caloric needs.
- Automatically syncs with Edibles for iPhone and the Free Edibles Online web service.
NOTE: It is possible to configure Edibles to track things other than calories, such as carbs, sodium, etc, but you can only track one item at a time (ie: ONLY calories, or ONLY carbs... etc)
What makes Edibles unique and better than other diet journals?
Edibles is optimized around fast entry of log entries. Most diets track one particular thing as part of one's diet. Be it calories, carbs, sodium or whatever. Because Edibles tracks *only* calories, it's UI isn't cluttered with extra bits of nutritional information that aren't useful to you.
Edibles does not require an internet connection for day to day use. However, when you combine Edibles with the free Edibles Online service, you gain peace of mind, knowing that your Edibles data is safe and secure. This is because Edibles has the ability to backup and restore all your foods and weights, and up to 60 days of log entries.
Edibles Online even gives you the ability to enter your Edibles foods using your PC through the web! That means you don’t need to spend all your time hunting and pecking on the iPhone keyboard. You can just go to Edibles Online and type it in! After downloading, it's available in Edibles for you to use when you log your meals.
Check out some of our reviews:
"It's simple to use... Check it out, especially if scribbling on paper feels "so last millennium" to you..." - HUNGRY-GIRL.COM
"Love Love Love it! ... Can't say it enough!" - Urnski
"Sure to be a hit with anybody who is fighting the battle of the bulge." - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Updates made to App description