Unlock the full digital experience on your visit to National Gallery Singapore with our official companion app.
Featuring immersive, self-guided audio tours of our long-term displays and special exhibitions for both adults and children, you will discover unique insights into the largest public collection of modern Singapore and Southeast Asian art, as well as the historical monuments they are housed in.
SIMPLE, EASY TO USE
• A newly refreshed user interface improves the user experience and makes it easier to find what you are looking for at the Gallery.
• Listings for current and upcoming exhibitions, events, and dining options help you plan your visit to the Gallery.
• When you see an artwork with a QR code, simply scan the code with the in-app scanner to unlock rich insights about the artwork
• You can also listen to these audio stops by raising your phone to your ear. No more getting tangled in your cables! (Video content still requires the use of earphones.)
64,000 SQM OF ART, DINING, AND RETAIL
• Never get lost as each exhibition location is clearly marked in a detailed isometric map.
• The map cuts across all 6 floors of the Gallery and both the Supreme Court Wing and City Hall Wing, making it easier to navigate all 64,000 sqm of the museum.
• Enjoy a range of impeccably curated dining and retail options from the Museum Shop & Café, to the 2-Michellin-starred restaurant by Chef Julian Royer, Odette.
IMMERSIVE AUDIO TOURS FOR EVERYONE
• An audio tour accompanies each of the long-term displays (Siapa Nama Kamu? and Between Declarations and Dreams) and special exhibitions on display.
• Travel back in time to the illustrious past of the Gallery with the Building History Tour. Learn more about the two iconic buildings that house the largest public collection of modern art in Singapore and Southeast Asia – the former City Hall and Supreme Court.
• Two kids-friendly tours have also been curated to engage the young and young at heart by taking listeners on an audio adventure across the two long-term displays.
• Conceptualised as an extension to our long-term displays, visitors may unlock these experiences only with the Gallery Explorer app.
• Features the work of three artists, Heman Chong, Ho Tzu Nyen, and Erika Tan
• Unlock these works by scanning the QR codes when you encounter them.
SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE ARTWORKS
• By creating an Explorer account on the app or our website, you can save your favourite artworks from our online collection and access them anytime!
• You can also interact with other visitors by leaving a comment on these artworks.
Supported devices: iPhone 5 and above, iPad 2 and above, iPod Touch 5 and above.
Have questions, problems or feedback? Feel free to contact us at GalleryExplorer@nationalgallery.sg
Thank you for using Gallery Explorer! Aside from fixing known bugs, we’ve added a feature for you to share content via social media, including events, restaurants, exhibitions or audio tours. Please let us know your thoughts via the Send Feedback page in-app or simple leave a rating for us on the app store.
Ratings and Reviews
No working with AirPods
It was quite frustrating to realize that the app doesn’t work with AirPod: the sound is played on the phone even when the headphones are connected, so I couldn’t use an audio guide. Really broke my experience.
Hello Pogodasuper, thanks for your patience, as we've released version 2 of the Gallery Explorer, which should now work with Bluetooth audio devices, including AirPods. Please give it a try :)
Lack of Bluetooth support and buggy
Somewhat decent but totally spoilt by the fact that it does not support Bluetooth earpiece and crashes occasionally while using the tour mode.
Hello Free Frag, we've since released Version 2 of the app and it now handles Bluetooth audio without issues. Please give our updated version a try!
Impressive professionally done audio recordings
Thank you ministoneheart! Julianne, our content specialist, would be so happy to hear that :D
- NATIONAL GALLERY SINGAPORE
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Accenture & National Gallery Singapore
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.