GeneticsLab for iOS
By Guillermo Servera Negre
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GeneticsLab is an excellent utility for those ones learning Biology, Genetics or any related studies. GeneticsLab automates some operations based on the genetic code such as DNA to RNA conversion, sequence formatting, genetic transcription, translation and mendelian inheritance calculations, so you don't need to do them manually anymore! These are some of the things it can do:
- Check and format DNA and RNA sequences.
- Generate complementary strings from DNA or RNA strings.
- Generate the amino acid sequence corresponding to a specific DNA or RNA sequence using the genetic code of your choice.
- Analyze percentages of each nucleotide type in a specific DNA or RNA sequence and generate a report with results.
- Detect and fix common errors such as invalid characters in your input sequences.
- Share and print the sequences you've been working with!
GeneticsLab also includes a built-in calculator which allows you to perform some mendelian inheritance based operations, such as blood type calculation, in a really fast and intuitive way, providing you with diagram representations that are great for learning.
It also offers you an amino acid and nucleotide library, which you can use as a reference while you are learning. This library includes both static and 3D representations for these molecules.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Bug fixes and translation improvements
- S$ 2.98
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 March 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Guillermo Servera Negre
- © 2011-2015 Guillem Servera
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.