By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Break through language barriers with Google Translate.
• Translate 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Star your favourite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
• View dictionary results for single words or phrases
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used as per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 licence, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
• Improved stability. Fixed crash bugs.
• Improved support for the VoiceOver screen reader.
• Word Lens: Just point your camera to a sign or text and the Translate app will instantly translate the text, even without Internet/data connection. Currently available in: English ⇄ French, English ⇄ German, English ⇄ Italian, English ⇄ Portuguese, English ⇄ Russian, English ⇄ Spanish.
• Camera Mode: Snap a photo, highlight the text and get a translation. Currently available in 36 languages.
• Automatic language detection in speech/conversation mode – start translating with speech input and Translate will recognise which of the two languages is being spoken, allowing you to have a more fluid conversation with another person.
English to English
It works well, I don't synchronize my dictionary across devices so lacking of login does not affect.
However, I find it hard or even impossible to translate an English word to English, I don't want a Chinese explanation of an English word, I want it in English. Is it possible, could someone tell me how please?
A user from Singapore
Must allow integration with web version
The iOS version of Google translate MUST allow login of Google account to integrate and merge favourite/starred phrase. This is very important
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 19 March 2015
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.