By Datinf GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Observe the success of hair growth promoting treatment by image comparison!
Accurate methods of tracking changes in hair growth are necessary for monitoring hair loss associated with the progression of disease and for assessing the efficacy of hair loss treatments or transplants over time.
Clinicians and researchers have access to tools like TrichoScan® to help precisely measure hair growth over time. However, if patients wanted to track their own hair growth over time, they would either need to schedule a visit with their clinician or rely upon their memory and bathroom mirror.
That is, until now...
Datinf® GmbH has recently developed a tool in conjunction with the makers of TrichoScan® that will allow patients to track their own hair growth with an iOS application (app).
HairMap is an app that uses image overlay technology to compare images of the scalp taken with the iOS device camera. By comparing scalp images over time, the patient is able to observe any changes in hair density in an easy to understand manner.
While not a precise diagnostic device, HairMap is able to show changes in hair density over time, thereby allowing users to play a more active role in managing their hair growth.
How it works...
* Use the app to take a first image of the region of interest. Those can be the forehead, the crown, or any other area of interest.
* This first image will be used by the HairMap app as the ‘baseline’ image; the image used to guide subsequent images.
* Whenever you wish to monitor changes, select the baseline image in the HairMap app and, with the HairMap image overlay technology, use the baseline image as a guide to take a second image of an identical region of the scalp.
* Compare the similar images to evaluate the status of the region over time.
* Repeat the steps every six weeks or as needed. Please note that treatment of hair loss takes time and often a clear treatment response is seen after 6 months of treatment.
For best compare results please take your pictures under similar conditions.
The following parameters should be equal in both images:
- hair length/color/style
- lighting conditions (indoor/outdoor/lights/flash)
- distance between camera and head
- viewing angle of camera
For front images middle parting of the hair is recommended, for upper head images also radial parting can be used.
What's New in Version 0.9.2
- Minor bugfix
- S$ 9.98
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 15 March 2012
- Version: 0.9.2
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Datinf GmbH
- © 2012 Datinf GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).