IC Photo for Singapore NRIC and Passports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Need a photo to renew your Singapore NRIC or passport, or to apply for an employment pass? Don't spend $7 at a photo booth or 7 hours with your digital camera and photo editing tools — just use this app to take a perfectly cropped picture that you can submit online to ICA.
If you need printed copies, you can order them from within the app! No need to leave the house — we'll send them to you in a few days. (Singapore only!)
• Works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with camera
• It's super easy! Just line yourself up with the guides to make sure you’re framed correctly
• Take your own picture (for devices with front-facing cameras), or have someone else take it for you
• A countdown timer to help you prepare for the shot. You can disable this countdown timer to take photos of fast-moving objects like children, pets, and the cost of living in Singapore.
• If you send a photo of your pet to ICA, please don't say we suggested it.
• Take as many pictures as you want, to get that perfect shot for your NRIC/passport
• Your photo is automatically cropped and resized for ICA's specifications for NRIC/passport photos (400 x 514px)
• Email it to yourself, or save it to your Camera Roll, so you can finish your online application later
• OR you can ask us to print it for you. That's not free.
• With the guides, you won’t get a letter from ICA that telling you to "show more shoulder" in your photo. We’re not kidding, this actually happened to one of us
• Share your ID photo to Twitter or Facebook after saving or emailing it! We don't know why you'd want to do this, but you can.
• Did we mention it’s free?
• Why are you still reading this, we’ve run out of features
• Order printed IC photos, mailed to you in a few days.
• Cheaper and more convenient than photo booths, because you don't even need to leave the house. Unless you stay in a photo booth, in which case, umm, sure, you win.
• Perfect for attaching to job application forms, and as gifts. Really, really terrible gifts.
• Pay by PayPal or credit card.
If you get an error that says "Saving failed with error: data unavailable", you have to allow IC Photo access to the Camera Roll. Do this:
• Go to the iPhone or iPad's Settings
• Tap on Privacy, then Photos.
• Look for IC Photo, and make sure the toggle is "On"
• We need access to your Camera Roll to save to it. Don't worry, we don't do anything with your photos.
If you have questions or suggestions, please email email@example.com. Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.3
• Order printed IC photos, mailed to you in a few days.
• Inexpensive and convenient! You don't need to (a) leave the house, (b) locate one of those photo booths, (c) wonder if you contracted any diseases in that funny-smelling booth. Think of all the effort and medical expenses you'll save.
• Perfect for attaching to job application forms and somewhat creepy love letters.
• Countdown toggle. Take all kinds of ID photos for your pets without worrying about them keeping still for 3 seconds!
• Oh, right, children too. And other fast-moving objects, like bicycles.
• Why are you taking IC photos of bicycles?!
• Share your ID photo to Twitter or Facebook after saving or emailing it. Confuse all your friends!
• Nebulous-sounding, but really totally necessary, optimizations and improvements.
If you like IC Photo, please leave us a review, tell your friends, and remember to try out our in-app photo printing and delivery service. Thanks!
Rejected four times in a row
Contrary to the raving reviews here, my experience with the app has been less than desirable. Over the past six months, the passports of my parents, myself and my girlfriend were up for updates at different times. I used this app for all of them, and photos taken here are constantly rejected by ICA. It is near impossible to eliminate shadows, be it from a natural light source or artificial light. Even setting up my own mini rig of lighting didn't work. ICA rejected all the pictures taken by this app. Fairly disappointed with this.
My relatives do no believe that my passport photo is taken using this app. It has the right size, resolution for online passport application.
It's a little pity that this app has not been updated for a long time and likely be removed in future iOS updates.
Thanks for saving the hassle
well u know girls can't settle for one shot and this app works amazing. One feedback if u could incorporate printing for pic that's taken before... Like select to print previous shots.. Now I have issue printing the ones I really like ..
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 20 May 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tinkertanker
- © 2013 Tinkertanker Pte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).