Need a photo to renew your Singapore NRIC or passport, or to apply for an employment pass? Don't spend $7 at a photo booth or 7 hours with your digital camera and photo editing tools — just use this app to take a perfectly cropped picture that you can submit online to ICA.
If you need printed copies, you can order them from within the app! No need to leave the house — we'll send them to you in a few days. (Singapore only!)
• Works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with camera
• It's super easy! Just line yourself up with the guides to make sure you’re framed correctly
• Take your own picture (for devices with front-facing cameras), or have someone else take it for you
• A countdown timer to help you prepare for the shot. You can disable this countdown timer to take photos of fast-moving objects like children, pets, and the cost of living in Singapore.
• If you send a photo of your pet to ICA, please don't say we suggested it.
• Take as many pictures as you want, to get that perfect shot for your NRIC/passport
• Your photo is automatically cropped and resized for ICA's specifications for NRIC/passport photos (400 x 514px)
• Email it to yourself, or save it to your Camera Roll, so you can finish your online application later
• OR you can ask us to print it for you. That's not free.
• With the guides, you won’t get a letter from ICA that telling you to "show more shoulder" in your photo. We’re not kidding, this actually happened to one of us
• Share your ID photo to Twitter or Facebook after saving or emailing it! We don't know why you'd want to do this, but you can.
• Did we mention it’s free?
• Why are you still reading this, we’ve run out of features
• Order printed IC photos, mailed to you in a few days.
• Cheaper and more convenient than photo booths, because you don't even need to leave the house. Unless you stay in a photo booth, in which case, umm, sure, you win.
• Perfect for attaching to job application forms, and as gifts. Really, really terrible gifts.
• Pay by PayPal or credit card.
If you get an error that says "Saving failed with error: data unavailable", you have to allow IC Photo access to the Camera Roll. Do this:
• Go to the iPhone or iPad's Settings
• Tap on Privacy, then Photos.
• Look for IC Photo, and make sure the toggle is "On"
• We need access to your Camera Roll to save to it. Don't worry, we don't do anything with your photos.
If you have questions or suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
iOS 11 compatibility while we work on a new version. Coming soon! Promise!
Ratings and Reviews
IC photo Singapore
I find this app useful for me to self take my image and use it to submit it to ICA.
It’s only drawback is that the taking of the photo cannot be activated by a Bluetooth remote shutter.
I have used this five years ago without problem. But this time, I make a mistake by not adhering to the instruction, resulting in my submission being rejected.
Anyway. My humble thank you for this app and as a 70 yo I find it convenient and save me a trip to the photo saloon and money.
Can the Pic be saved in JPG format ?
Hi and thanks for this great app.
Just tried to submit photo taken with this app but was rejected by ICA Sg due to Size & Image format .
Could you upgrade this app so that it can meet the current requirements of ICA ?
Picture size : 400 x 514 pixels
File size not more than 150kbytes
File name : saved under “.jpg” extension
🙏🙏🙏 thanks for reading !
Would change the rating to 5* if this app is able to meet the requirements of ICA passport submission. 😁😁
Need a update!!
Used this app few years ago and it was a pleasant experience, but recently when I tried to apply for my new passport the website stated this photo is incorrect. File has to be in JPEG.
I don’t mind paying a bit for your app, but I hope you guys can actually update this app accordingly to the ICA requirement always.
Abit disappointed but it’s free.
So I guess. Well.
- 11.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Tinkertanker Pte Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.