Get breaking news alerts and your daily digest of news from Singapore, Asia and around the world with the Channel NewsAsia (CNA) app.
You can also watch live video or catch up on Channel NewsAsia TV shows on the move.
Get real-time news coverage and developing news notifications by Channel NewsAsia’s award winning journalists.
Personalize your news:
Create your own dynamic “My News Feed”, that keeps you updated on trending news topics you're interested in following.
Bookmark and save for later stories, videos and podcasts to consume at your convenience.
Live video streaming:
Watch Channel NewsAsia live stream and live reports while you are on the move.
Listen to insightful interviews, analyses and more from the new Podcast feature.
Customized news alerts
Personalize your push notifications to get alerts about breaking news and developments that matter to you.
- Minor enhancements
We are constantly improving your Channel NewsAsia app for better performance, stability and usability.
For the best experience, please ensure your app is updated with the latest version.
Ratings and Reviews
Some UX issues.
Generally the app works as advertised. Though some issues may hinder future adoption and accessibility of the services provided.
1) Why is there no Apple tvOS equivalent of the app? While I understand that not everyone has an Apple TV, I’m sure there are viewers who would gladly tune in via their Apple TVs if they could.
2) I know that intellectual property rights and licensing is an important part of the Mediacorp business model. However, having the online stream of the channel being disrupted because of unairable local consumption content every couple of hours is quite problematic. Perhaps a possible solution could include the systems put in place to detect where a user is geographically, whist accessing the online stream. Whether on the Safari browser or the app via IP address and then decide if the content can be displayed to that user or not. A blanket ban on streaming when license sensitive content is being broadcasted is not the way to move forward.
Hi Sean KJ,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that the app works to your satisfaction and are grateful for your suggested improvements. We will share your suggestions with our mobile team as we continuously seek to improve the app to serve you better.
Meanwhile, we have redesigned the app for ease of navigation - both by horizontal swipe to access Top Stories, Latest News, Most Popular and Watch (TV). These various Sections are only a tap away on the hamburger menu which is located at the top left corner of the App’s main page.
If you prefer to see more stories on screen - just tap onto the hamburger and enable the "Compact Layout" on top.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries by emailing: DigitalTechSupport@channelnewsasia.com
If accidentally clicking on advertisement wasn’t enough...
It’s been awhile since the last time I wrote the original review, so am thinking if they have fixed the bugs. Good job in fixing the ads issue.
However, I’m still facing problem when streaming video, especially those embedded from other websites (I.e. twitter, Facebook...) the video will be seen stuck at loading with the sound on going and all interface is stuck. How about having the videos converted to stream through the app’a default player? Might be able to eliminate variables from different sources that caused jammed video bugs.
I am using IPhone 6+, currently at iOS 11.2.5, and I think the app will be awesome if they have fixed all video issue. Keep up the good work :)
Thanks for the feedback, we have informed our mobile team. Please do continue to use our app for your daily news update.
Where’s the QC?
Of the many times that I read your news, your articles contain typos, even glaring ones and sometimes dead links. Your paragraphing and spacing can get misaligned and it looks like the sort of content you see on spam websites. While I understand that timeliness is a priority in the news world, is there a point when your content is not well-packaged? Perhaps these points that I find irksome delve into specifics but CNA is one of the more prominent news sources around but your lack of quality checks really doesn’t reflect that.
I’m a long-time user of the app and it has finally bugged me to the point of writing a review. It may be hard to dedicate time and effort into QC-ing your articles but letting so many typos through is just shoddy work. These aren’t isolated instances but repeated mistakes. I enjoy reading about regional news through CNA as there is a good variety of news collated in one spot so I really hope to see a change.
- Mediacorp Pte Ltd
- 103.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 MediaCorp Pte Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.