Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay informed about the state of the environment in Europe!
iEnviroWatch allows to visualize and query environmental information produced by the European Environment Agency (EEA) at your location or geographical area of your interest.
These are the environmental services than can be discovered in iEnviroWatch:
- Natura 2000: Network of the European protected areas
- Bathing Areas: Water quality measurements for the bathing areas in Europe (beaches, rivers and lakes)
- Ozone stations: Real time measurements of the amount of Ozone in the atmosphere by sensor stations spread over the European geography
- Corine Land Cover 2006: European land use map
- Urban atlas: Land uses in several cities of Europe at high resolution
- LIFE Programme: EU's financial instrument supporting environmental and nature conservation projects throughout the EU
More services to come!!
- Query environmental information with a single tab through the European geography at your location o at any European place of your interest.
- The environmental data services are published by the European Environment Agency (EEA) through the web site http://discomap.eea.europa.eu.
- Base maps are provided by ESRI Inc. Copyright:© 2009 ESRI, i-cubed, GeoEye
- Environmental crowsourcing and link to social networks to come in next versions
- Intuitive user interface
- Map symbols color coded
- Pinch to zoom / drag to pan
- Three different basemap options (to set up on the settings menu):
* Satellite Imagery
* Street map
* Topographic map
- Transparency level for the environmental layers (to set up on the settings menu)
Please, stay tuned. More environmental information to be published and new features will come in next versions.
Contact us at email@example.com -- we appreciate your help
Developed by Koldo Duarte and Alberto Telletxea
What's New in Version 1.1
In this new release:
1. New environmental map: LIFE Programme, EU's financial instrument supporting environmental and nature conservation projects throughout the EU.
2. Bug fixing:
-Geolocation search featured only for European places.
-Urban Atlas identification.