Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iPhoto lets you do more than you ever thought possible with your photos, with easy ways to find, sort, and rediscover your favorite shots. Simple but powerful editing tools let you turn good photos into magnificent ones. Share directly to Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, and Messages. iPhoto also works with iCloud, so the photos you take on your iOS devices automatically appear in iPhoto, and you can share selected photos and videos with family and friends using iCloud Photo Sharing. You can even create professional-quality photo books, calendars and letterpress cards quickly and easily.
iCloud Photo Sharing
• Post photos and videos to other people’s shared photo streams, or create your own streams to share with friends and family
• View and add comments and likes to photos and videos in any shared stream
• My Photo Stream lets you view and automatically import recent photos taken on your iOS devices
• Automatically send newly-imported photos to all your iOS devices using My Photo Stream
• Post to your Timeline or a Facebook photo album and add a comment
• View friends’ photo comments right in iPhoto and post a comment back
• Support for multiple Facebook accounts
Custom Photo Email
• Ten Apple-designed themes
• Support for all popular email services
• Attach photos with one click
• Email sharing history
• Twelve themes including Holiday Mobile, Reflections, and Places
• Places slideshow theme uses location data in your photos
• Themes include instantly recognizable music
• Export directly to iTunes for syncing
Beautiful photo books
• Dynamic, carousel-based theme browser
• Theme preview with your photos
• Change book type, size and color with a click
• Page layouts include two-page, full-bleed spreads, perfect for panoramas
• Beautiful debossed designs imprinted on premium paper
• 31 themes complete with matching envelopes
• Personalize with your photos and text
• Available for a variety of occasions including births, weddings, and the holidays
• Unified photo library for both iPhoto and Aperture (v. 3.3 or later) allows you to easily switch between apps
• Events, Faces, Places, albums and web sharing work across both applications
iPhoto print products are available in the U.S., Canada, Japan, and select countries in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Some features and third-party services require Internet access and iCloud; additional fees and terms may apply. iCloud is available to persons age 13 or older.
Third-party services may not be available in all languages or in all countries. Use of these services requires Internet access and may require you to accept additional terms.
What's New in Version 9.6
• This update addresses compatibility with OS X Yosemite and stability improvements
Unusable since Yosemite, can’t sync with photo on iTunes
As mentioned by several reviewers already, iphoto has been a complete nightmare since the Yosemite update. iPhoto can’t read my iphoto library and hangs trying to rebuild thumnails. Latest is that I can’t even sync my iphone on iTunes cos they just can’t read my photos from iPhotos. I’ve got a huge collection of photos on iPhoto so I’ve had to back up everything all over again, just in case. I’ve also tried just about everything suggested by users online. Nothing worked. This problem has been around awhile now and we still don’t hear anything from Apple. Definitely my greatest disappointment with Apple to date.
Lag/Glitch with iPhoto update from previous OSX
hey all, it’s sad that i faced similar issues in which the app store did not respond when i clicked update when prompted to update iphoto. the fix to this is to manually go to the app store, search for iPhoto, and install it like a new app. This will bring you through the installation and the required library upgrades, if necessary. and voila, you’re on your way to greater things. hope that helps! :)
Frustrated beyond belief ….
Bought a new MacPro …. received this message when trying to access my iPhotos …...The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store…. So off I go to the App Store and as previous reviewers have vented …. nothing happens once you click the install button. Why Oh Why Oh Why has Apple not settled this issue. I currently have a love / hate relationship with this company. Please get yourself sorted out and settle this problem!
- Category: Photography
- Updated: 16 October 2014
- Version: 9.6
- Size: 1.14 GB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
- © 2013 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later