Join millions of readers around the world and access eBooks and audiobooks all with one app. Go shelf-less and take your reading adventures on the go. With over 6 million titles to choose from, there's something for every type of reader and listener.
Purchase eBooks and audiobooks directly from Kobo. They'll automatically appear in the app immediately afterwards.
The Kobo App makes reading even more comfortable and convenient:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime, and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode.
• Our beautifully designed, easy-to-use player makes it simple for you to move through your audiobook with a single touch. Never worry about losing your spot, and see how much time is left at a glance. Schedule it to turn off after a set amount of time—perfect for listening before going to sleep.
• Read thousands of free eBook previews or listen to audiobook samples to help you find your next favourite.
• Start reading on one device and pick up on another. The Kobo App always remembers where you left off, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love of reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from what you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Turkish, Traditional Chinese or Japanese.
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• We now support CarPlay for iPhones. Download the audiobooks you'd like to listen to before connecting, or else you won't see them.
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works. Does what it's supposed to do.
I have no qualms with much of the app besides
1. Multi-page highlighting. Would it be possible to allow us to drag a highlight over a page turn without having to muck with the font size to put everything on the same page first?
2. Picture quote function. Still a square - no doubt a vestige of the old Instagram days. 9:16 has since become the new hotness, guys.
Vince Flynn’s books suddenly arent available for purchase from Singapore. Im still wondering why. Ive been reading his books for quite some time and just realised today that i couldnt find any for purchase from my country? If some titles just decide to vanish, I think soon some might just divert somewhere else other than kobo. Its sad, kobo used to be the best site for me. But has now raped me of reading my favourite series at book 7. :(
Problems with May 2018 update
With latest (May 2018) update, all my side-loaded PDFs have gone (yes, I’ve done the Adobe login) and the dictionary feature has gone missing. It’s a good app when it works, but updates often break things....
And no, you can still not highlight across pages....
Latest version (Feb 2017) has a new problem. One can no longer highlight text across more than one page. If seems that every time there's a cosmetic upgrade, core functionality takes a step back.
Now March 2017 version tries to add 'sort by date added', but the sort is completely wrong. Looks close to random. Not working...
- Kobo Inc.
- 196.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.