By Les Éditions Formed inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The best, most up-to-date internal medicine reference in Canada
“Lanthier” is a Canadian internal medicine app based on the sixth edition of the pocketbook. Completely re-imagined for iOS, this app will allow any physician, resident or medical student to access up-to-date medical information and guidelines quickly and efficiently.
• Contains Canadian guidelines when available.
• Updated frequently for free until late 2017.
“Lanthier Practical Guide to Internal Medicine is a good choice for an app to replace your pocketbook. Beyond providing quality content with references, it has an excellent design that makes it more than just a digitized version of a book. Finding clinically relevant information about a condition is quick and easy.”
— FEATURES —
• Concise: edited to be useful at the bedside.
• Fast: advanced search function, intuitive menus.
• Direct link to the references on PubMed and now through Read by QxMD (internet connection required). Build your paper collection using articles selected by Dr Lanthier himself.
• MedCalX integration (sold separately): for quick access to the trusted medical calculator.
• Take personal notes within the topics and synchronize them across your iOS devices. Perfect for studying for board exams!
— TOPICS —
General Internal Medicine
— ABOUT THE LEAD AUTHORS —
Dr Luc Lanthier practices General Internal Medicine at the Sherbrooke University Hospital Center and is a Professor of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Sherbrooke. He is former chair of the French Examination Board for Internal Medicine Exam at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr Donald Echenberg practices General Internal Medicine at the Sherbrooke University Hospital Center and is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Sherbrooke. He is past president of the Canadian Society of Internal Medicine and is currently Governor of the Quebec Chapter of the American College of Physicians.
— DISCLAIMER —
This publication (application) is to be used as a guide only. It is intended only for use by licensed medical practitioners and medical students. Every doctor (or prescriber) is responsible for their actions. This guide is not meant to replace clinical judgment.
The authors of Lanthier — Practical Guide to Internal Medicine make no claims of the accuracy of the information contained herein. The authors of this application and its content shall not be liable for any injury and/or damage to persons or property arising from the use of this application.
It is the responsibility of the licensed prescriber to verify the indications, contraindications and dosage of the medication (and actions) they prescribe.
What's New in Version 2.8
- Hypertension: 2017 Canadian Hypertension Education Program (CHEP) update
- 2017 H. pylori ACG recommendations
- New section on HIV prevention
- 2017 ACC/AHA valvular heart disease update
- Updated epilepsy section with new 2014 and 2017 ILAE definitions
- New medications in appendix section: Invokamet (canagliflozin/metformin), Lancora (ivabradine), Synjardy (empagliflozin/metformin)
- More than 100 new references
- S$ 44.98
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 22 September 2017
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 57.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Les Editions Formed inc.
- © 2016 Éditions Formed inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.