Loughborough Wave Lab
By Daniel Browne
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Loughborough Wave Lab is an educational learning app designed to aid students in their understanding of electromagnetic wave concepts in an engaging and entertaining way!
- Virtual pond
- Persistent Sinusoidal Pulses
- Virtual Ripple Tank
- Waveguide Simulator
- Young's Double Slit Experiment
- Custom Simulation Mode
Loughborough Wave Lab is intended to accompany teaching on Electromagnetic phenomena and to provide students with an interactive way of seeing these principles in action!
Educators can now author their own custom simulation files, upload them to a web server and then have Loughborough Wave Lab execute the simulations using a WiFi or cellular data connection to download the configurations and display them to the user. This uses the new, open-source configuration standard CEML which has been introduced by the developer (available at www.github.com/danielrbrowne/CEML)
What's New in Version 4.5
- Adds animated tutorials to the Main screen, Configuration Settings screen, and Change Mesh Conditions screen which appear on first viewing of each screen to offer more information to the user and point out important parts of the application.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 27 May 2014
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Daniel Browne
- © 2010 - 2014 Loughborough University
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.