* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
Reply to messages directly
Great app which i have been using for years. But please introduce replies like whatsapp, where you can swipe right on a message to quote and reply directly to it. will help significantly in group chats and long messages received when away.
update - please fix the messenger camera as something doesn’t seem right with it, it throws u back to default camera
The most stupid messager with false “active status”
If a lot of people lot of sent you unread message, your status becomes active. This but is been here since day one of this “most stupid messenger status. My wife always wake me up at night when I’m sleeping tight and when a lot of people sent message and never even read it. She always quarrel when it happened. Imagine how many night of quarrel plus long distance call which is very expensive. Wake up developer if this “most stupid status of this facebook messenger”. QUAKE UP! my wife believes you stupid status “active” but I’m not active. I’m also a developer since 1988. I can’t believe you can’t resolve this issue since you started to develop this messenger. So long time ago. If there’s a ‘0’ star, I should give you ‘0’ because that’s what you deserve. How many more night? Tic tac tic tac.... whatsapp is the best, no wonder it cost billions of dollars....
I just got the series 3 Apple Watch. All of my apps work fine except Facebook messenger. It acts like it is loading and has little dots flashing in a circle. I have updat
I just got the series 3 Apple Watch. All of my apps work fine except Facebook messenger. It acts like it is loading and has little dots flashing in a circle. I have updated the OS on the watch and phone. Updated the app on phone. Removed it from phone and watch and added back. And also done the trick where you add your own auto replies in the settings and then delete them. I was really looking forward to having this app because it’s one of the apps I use all day. Any help??
- Facebook, Inc.
- 239.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.