By Kevin LaCoste
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MoneyWell gives you powerful personal finance organization and analysis tools in a simple, uncluttered, single-window solution.
An Electronic Twist on "Envelope Budgeting"
Splitting up your paycheck into envelopes for each category of your budget is a tried and true method for stopping overspending. Unfortunately, with direct deposit and debit cards that work like cash, it's nearly impossible to do today. MoneyWell supercharges that concept and gives you back control over your spending with spending buckets.
Find What You're Looking For Quickly
See all your dining out transactions in the last three months with a couple of clicks in the Filters popover. What if you knew the entry had the word "apple" in it? Just type "apple" in Search Transactions and instantly see the results before you finish typing. Save your favorite searches with our Smart Filters.
Best-In-Class Currency Support
Each transaction stores three amounts, each with its own currency. Purchase using GBP for a EUR account and track your spending in a USD bucket. MoneyWell automatically looks up the correct exchange rate and sets the amounts, but you have full control to change any of them.
Direct Connect Banking
MoneyWell allows you to directly talk to hundreds of banks and other financial institutions giving you one-click access to your accounts. Setting up direct connect banking with MoneyWell is a breeze too. Simply follow the built-in guide that steps you through selecting your financial institution, entering your login information, and adding your accounts.
For those banks that don't support direct connections, MoneyWell still makes it easy to avoid manual entries by allowing you to import common file formats like OFX, QFX, QIF, and CSV.
Dropbox Sync with MoneyWell for iPhone
Securely sync your MoneyWell data from anywhere you have access to the internet. Now you can take MoneyWell with you when you shop. MoneyWell for Mac syncs with MoneyWell for iPhone, so you can check to make sure you have money in your Entertainment bucket balance before you buy that movie ticket. Pull to sync on your iPhone and you Mac is immediately updated with your new transactions. And don't worry about prying eyes, you supply a password that encrypts your data during transmission and while stored on Dropbox.
No Thirst Software is proud of its reputation for timely support and we will do whatever it takes to keep that reputation shiny. Support is fast, free and just a click away!
Visit http://help.nothirst.com to browse our discussions or read our FAQs in our Knowledge Base. You can also email email@example.com. We promise to get back to you quickly!
What's New in Version 2.3.4
**MoneyWell 2.3.4 Release Notes:**
- Added currency label to Bucket Transfer panel
- Added tab-delimited file export to reports
- Added Edit > Copy on reports to save tab-delimited export to clipboard
- Improved timing for generation of scheduled transactions after launch
- Improved feedback on Starting Bucket Balances panel
- Fixed restore of previous selection on Source List
- Fixed crash of Starting Bucket Balances panel on save
- Fixed crash scenarios after Fill Buckets and other panels
- Fixed fill amount calculation on Spending Plan
- Fixed alignment of period total on Spending Plan
- Fixed visual glitch switching from Reports to Cash Flow
- Fixed sale currency of split children to match parent
- Fixed negative account amount from flipping to positive on Starting Bucket Balances
- Fixed split transactions to leave parent transfers alone
- Fixed OFX import to update account numbers consistently
- Fixed OFX import to handle empty FITID elements
If you enjoy using MoneyWell and feel it has helped you improve your finances, we'd love to have you give us a positive rating in the App Store.
Your feedback matters more than any marketing we could do. Thank you!