Volunteers are notified via the myResponder Mobile App by SCDF’s 995 Ops Centre of any Cardiac Arrest Case within 400 metres of their location. If you are notified, you may choose to respond to the incident and offer your assistance. The Mobile App will highlight nearby AEDs that may be available.
Once you have located the victim suffering from cardiac arrest, you can assist the original caller who alerted SCDF in performing CPR or helping to apply the AED to revive the patient. SCDF’s 995 Ops Centre may also ask responders to guide the ambulance crew by escorting them to the incident site.
If you are 15 years and above and wish to volunteer, be sure to get your SingPass ID and password ready. If you are under 18 years old, please seek parental consent for your participation. Your handphone number is also required for SCDF to get in touch with you during an emergency.
Your response is entirely voluntary, and we only encourage you to respond when you are available and to do so within safe and reasonable means.
myResponder is the latest project by the Singapore Civil Defence Force. The myResponder Mobile App alerts volunteers to nearby Cardiac Arrest Cases to render first aid before ambulance arrival. With myResponder, volunteers will have the following services at their fingertips:
- Geolocation notification of nearby cases
- Display of nearby incidents using OneMap
- Display of nearby AEDs using OneMap
- Geolocation enabled dialling of 995
- Access to the National AED Registry
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force – The Lifesaving Force
myResponder version 3.2.1 is now live! Older versions will cease to be supported. Users are encouraged to download the latest version to continue receiving case notifications.
New features include:
· Display of additional information such as operating hours of AED-installed premises.
· Nearest lamp post will now be highlighted if the incident is within a park.
· Users can check connectivity settings in the Support page.
· Bug fixes for Notification and Location services.
Ratings and Reviews
not optimised for iphone xr
This app is a real necessity for the city. However it’s not been optimised for my Iphone XR and from other reviews i think it’s for any iphone above X that are facing these bugs that cause us to crash or not be able to connect properly
The biggest benefit of this app is sending one’s location while dialing 995. A definite lifesaver for those hard-to-describe locations such as PCNs, landed housing estates, etc.
I recommend to try this app. I so far have responded to both fire n medical cases. Make sure your location is at where you are(if you set to location while using app)
- Singapore Civil Defence Force
- 72.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Singapore Civil Defence Force
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.