New Scientist is the world's number one science and technology magazine, and online we are the go-to site for breaking news, exclusive content and breakthroughs that will change your world. The New Scientist app allows you to read each weekly issue plus New Scientist: The Collection, watch videos, follow links to references and share articles.
Download the app today and enjoy free sample issues, buy individual issues or buy a subscription.
Our terms and conditions for subscriptions include:
- Length: Subscriptions are available for three-month or one-year terms. You will receive a new issue of New Scientist each week.
- Price: You can buy a subscription for $21.99 for three months or $84.99 for a year. Subscription renewals cost the same. All prices may change.
- Payment will be charged to your App Store account when the purchase is confirmed.
- You can purchase an auto-renewable subscription directly from the App Store. A subscription gives you access to all issues in the New Scientist app during the subscription period. Your subscription will renew automatically unless you turn off the auto-renew setting at least 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period.
- You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store subscriptions management settings after purchase.
- A subscription gives you access to all issues in the New Scientist app during the subscription period. Any issues that you have not downloaded during this period will not be downloadable later. But you can continue to read issues that you have downloaded to your device and not deleted.
- If you are using the app as a free trial and buy a subscription before the end of the trial period, you will forfeit the unused portion of the free trial period.
- If you buy a subscription from the App Store, you do not get unlimited access to newscientist.com as part of the deal.
- If you already have a subscription to New Scientist, please contact our customer service team to add app access to your subscription before logging in to the app. The team's details are at newscientist.com/iosappfaq
A single issue for $2.99
A rolling 3-monthly subscription for US$21.99 every 3 months.
An annual subscription for US$84.99
Prices differ depending on your local currency. All prices may change. Payment will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Having trouble? Email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
- NEW SCIENTIST LIMITED
- 29.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © New Scientist Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription S$ 32.98
- 12 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription S$ 129.98
- March 28 2015 S$ 2.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.