iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote 4.4 you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums and songs
• Browse films, TV programmes and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with AirPlay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 is recommended for use with iTunes Remote 4.4.
iTunes Remote has been updated to add support for iPhone X. This update also includes an all-new look and feel on iPad and iPhone, in addition to stability and performance improvements. iTunes 12.7.5 is recommended for use with Remote 4.4.
Ratings and Reviews
Improve Remote App
Unlike the remote app for the iPhone, the iPad version does not remember the previous state it was in before switching apps or going into standby. It gets rather frustrating whenever I revisit the remote app again and I am defaulted to the Artist or Album list view.
Another point of improvement will be to incorporate the basic playback keys into the lock screen that can activated by double clicking the home button. This will be akin to how the music player is integrated to the lock screen.
Pairing iPhones to iTunes
I've had trouble pairing my iPhone to iTunes at first like Kenny1213 and Shadou but it's really awesome once you've figured it out. Just enable the "Look for iPod and iPhone Remotes" option under the Devices tab in the Preferences settings of your iTunes, then you'd see the Remote app under your Devices list on the navigation tree on the left side of iTunes main window. Enjoy!!
Wonderful to the power infinity! It's so simple and too amazing. Took me merely 5-10 seconds to be up and running. Thank you so much, I love Apple! For those who don't know how to use, please just ask and DO NOT give a 1-star rating. The review system is to help all of us get a snap shot opinion, don't be dumb about it. Apple should remove those nonsensical reviews.
- Apple Distribution International
- 16.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.