By Waxing Wave
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What would happen if you ripped your address book to shreds and had to glue it back together, but the pieces didn't come together quite right?
Shakeup lets you find out. Launch Shakeup, shake your iPhone, and the names in your contact list get all mixed up in unique and amusing ways. Shake it again, and they get mixed up differently.
Shakeup creates new names by randomly combining pieces of the names that are already in your Contacts list. For example, if you are lucky enough to have the phone numbers of a bunch of celebrities in your iPhone, Shakeup may come up with such names as Pameris Joney, Pamena Dalis, Milfer Cloovich, and Angelifer Palthan.
- To get a laugh at silly names
- To create names for the characters in that novel you are writing
- To invent a stage name or pseudonym for yourself
- To find a unique name for your baby
- As a gag: start Shakeup, show your phone to a friend and say "I think something's loose in my iPhone - if you shake it, the contacts get all scrambled!".
- As a game: try to guess which of your contacts gave pieces of their names to make each new one. Tap on a name to see the answer.
Although Shakeup will make it look like your Contacts are all messed up, don't worry - Shakeup works with a copy of your contacts and will make no permanent changes.
Shakeup works with English names and with names in other languages written in the Latin alphabet, such as German, French, Swedish, and Finnish. Shakeup will ignore names written in Greek, Cyrillic, Chinese, or Japanese letters, and will not work well if most of your contacts don't have both a first name and a last name, or if they are all called Bob. And of course, Shakeup is not much fun if you have no friends and your contacts list is empty.
What's New in Version 1.2
iOS 7 support
- S$ 1.28
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 29 October 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Araneus Information Systems Oy
- © 2013 Waxing Wave
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.